who do you all insure threw?

Nightsfire

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my runners insured through State Farm and my antiques on an antique policy.  State Farm insures my 70 International dump truck and my 86 720 without problems but I have the property  insured with them too.

5 hours ago, Nightsfire said:

i have had heck trying to get insurance on my 75 620 as everyone wants to classify it as a classic value of 4k or more but heck its just  beat up old work truck.

Depends on when you wanna drive it..

Are you trying to register as a classic/antique?

Some companies put restrictions on when and how much you can drive it if it's an antique.....

I just put my 521 on the road last year, just added it to my existing car policy, I drive it when ever I want.....

I have my 521 work truck insured as a business truck thru Amica which boosts the premium, and it is a business truck, my 521 kingcab is thru them also because I want to drive it anytime I want to drive it.

The classics I have that are licensed/plated as classics and are insured thru Hagerty, the rest are insured via my license to drive as my license is insured, but that is not full coverage and there are a lot of vehicles out there that cost way more than I am covered for, now that I think about it I only have my 520 now that is covered by that insurance, and it would be cheaper to insure it thru Amica.

It all depends on how often and when you want to drive it, if it is a daily driver and your regular insurance company will not insure it, time to look for another insurance company.

I don't know much about the premiums, coverage, claims pay-outs, etc. of the various insurance companies, but their stupid damn commercials on the tube sure as hell rub me the wrong way. 

Excepting, maybe, Hagerty.

We also use State Farm for the house and toys. 

11 hours ago, wayno said:

I didn't spell either of them words if your talking to me, that is one of them words I have shortened, I spell both of them the same way and most understand what I am saying, are we thru here?

The title wayno the title. ?

I just got a Hagerty policy for my Land Rover. The coverage is great and it costs only $250 a year.

My other "classics" are insured through my regular Farmers agent. I used to build his racing engines for his 240Z so maybe that's got something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line, one insurance Co is not the same throoout the country. Different states have different laws, and cost of coverage varies depending on many factors like urban, rural, flood plate, high theft area, etc. In my experien, a bit of local research can save you serious $. 

We used to carry AAA for home n cars, but after dealing with them for a claim on water damage in our kitchen, It was a shock what a shit sack operation they really are. Their contractor lowballed the bid by at least $10k and then they tried to get me to sign a contract making me responsible for any cost overruns including repairing any of their work that didn't pass inspection. When I told them to stick their offer where the sun don't shine, AAA wouldn't accept my contractor's bit. Those asholes left my family without a kitchen for 9 months thinking they could just wait me out until I caved. It wasn't until I filed a case with the Cal Insurance Commission that they paid the difference between their contractor and mine. I did the kitchen remodel myself and switched to Farmers for the house. On a bunch of online reviews they had the best record for positive claim resolutions.

Then when we had to get my 17 yr old son covered and they quoted $3,500 a year for him to drive a 2001 MDX to work. After almost 30 yrs with them, we jumped to farmers who gave us the same coverage for under $1,500. 

• Like 1