My '83 4X4: Interior Strip/Tidy/Refresh *Many Questions!*

CicliDevotion

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, CicliDevotion said:

Wonder why it would have had an electrical terminal on there?

Any reason that I shouldn't replace with much smaller (more flush heads, shorter) bolts...to essentially plug the holes?  

When I took the interior out of my truck I didn't see those bolts. If the wire is already cut, I don't see why you can't replace those bolts with ones that would seal it up. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this thread with a question...

On my floor, there are a number of "sticker" looking things that appear to be some sort of small body hole type of cover...About 1" in diameter or so.

I'm close to laying down some dynamat and a new vinyl floor and want to seal up a bunch of the holes in the cab interior.

Anybody know of a source for this type of "sticker" thingy?  Or should I drill the holes out a little larger and use a body hole filler plug? Bondo for the stuff 1/8" and smaller?

• Like 1

You aren’t talking about these right? I think we already talked about the 1” ish drain holes in the floor pan, and this is what I used for replacements. Hope the amazon link works. 

I still have to get to get my floor pan dried in. I sunk it in a puddle last week and got a bunch of water and river silt inside. 

1" 1 inch Flush Mount Black Plastic Body and Sheet Metal Hole Plug Qty 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PEZS37I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kkICCbZ8JHJFA

• Like 1

I got OEM floor pan drain plugs from NissanPartsDeal.com 

I wound up drilling a few of the smaller holes out to 3/8” and using standard sheet metal/body fill plugs.  I’ll use bolts in a couple of other locations as well.  

I’m about ready for sound dampening mat and vinyl floor kit install.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen tan and I own an 84 that has blue ones.  Silver and red trucks have black interiors.  White and blue trucks have blue interiors.  Yellow, tan and the metalic copper color have tan or brown interiors.  I have seen very few brown interiors.

Check Row 52 I saw a brown interior in a wrecking yard in Cal.

Edited by Charlie69
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...