Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is great news. I’m sad Canby finally ended after over a decade, but i was happy to be able to doucment it and help out for the last 2 years it was around. I actually had just moved up from Sacramento myself, and was really happy to find such a vibrant Datsun enthusiast community up here. It would be a shame to lose a tent-pole annual event now. 

That said, @jbirds510, let’s sync up about video coverage for this event. I don’t require much, other than access. Thanks for doing this!

• Like 7
On 12/15/2018 at 12:31 AM, Draker said:

I'll be paying attention to this. So far this is where I'll plan to spend the weekend. Sounds like a suitable replacement.

It sounds like you consulted with legal counsel before posting that.

on a related note,,,,emoji selection on here sucks hairy donkey balls now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I got some advice on this,  and remember we have been doing blue lake a long time. 

DO NOT take the same weekend as canby,  do it later in june.  Canby was having issues with rain due to the season pushed back.  Not only that, you will have HUGE competition with Kicking It Old School, which is already set in on that date, and i know alot of datsun people that are going there.   Dont start a new show, on the same weekend as other established shows.  It never works out good.    Space the shows out from other shows. 

• Like 4

Calendar shows every weekend booked up already..  And from my experience  most guys that go to Old school thing are local-er to it and honestly don't want to go to Canby.

You can't go by facebook saying they would do both,,,, cuz they are all talk on there.. You know that.  

• Like 4

I ain't saying you're wrong cuz you're not,,,,,,, and warmer would be better and more spread out would make more longer Datsun season.. ..  Maybe if we mind our manners the place could let us be in there when another smaller group is scheduled to use the place.. 

• Like 3

@jbirds510 DO NOT take the same weekend as canby,  do it later in june.  Canby was having issues with rain due to the season pushed back.  Not only that, you will have HUGE competition with Kicking It Old School, which is already set in on that date, and i know alot of datsun people that are going there.   Dont start a new show, on the same weekend as other established shows.  It never works out good.    Space the shows out from other shows. Quote from danfiveten...

• Thanks 1

the date I reserved was chosen for a couple reasons, the first reason being 13 years the date has worked for Canby and oddly enough when god was dropping stones on us up there my wife told me it was sunny in Brooks. Second reason and the bigger reason was this venue only had this weekend available in June which at the time seem simply kismet. 

If there is any misunderstanding about the intent of this gathering let me clear it up by expressing my intentions. Last year I read and heard the grumblings of the venue charging more and offering less space and the struggles to get volunteers and at the time I spoke with the previous gentleman doing Canby via email and mentioned this venue as an option and for whatever reason it didn’t go anywhere. Flash forward 6 months and I hear what everyone else heard..it’s over goodbye no more Canby. Well guys and gals.. I’m not trying to make a NEW show here, I’m simply offering my best attempt at keeping the SAME show going without killing myself with debilitating hinderances that I can only assume killed the show at the old venue. Here’s where things have changed from years prior, I’m one guy not a club, I’m taking on ALL responsibility for every aspect of this event aside from the help I’ll be getting from the venue itself, I’m ok with this, it’s not my first car show. If people want to come out and have a great time they’ll put a few bucks in their pocket and come out. I hope that a little potential weather doesn’t keep anyone from coming but if that happens then it happens. As far as conflicting with other events to me that’s like saying I’ve got too many tools or too many toys or too many Datsun’s haha in my mind there is NEVER enough.

• Like 12
10 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

the date has worked for 13 years 

keep it the same or change it if this happenes this is our canby replacement trip 

thank you for stepping up and taking this on 

plan it and they will come 

and if they dont it will be their loss just as those who never made it to canby 

we loved canby and will love something new and similar 

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE

the date I reserved was chosen for a couple reasons, the first reason being 13 years the date has worked for Canby and oddly enough when god was dropping stones on us up there my wife told me it was sunny in Brooks. Second reason and the bigger reason was this venue only had this weekend available in June which at the time seem simply kismet. 

If there is any misunderstanding about the intent of this gathering let me clear it up by expressing my intentions. Last year I read and heard the grumblings of the venue charging more and offering less space and the struggles to get volunteers and at the time I spoke with the previous gentleman doing Canby via email and mentioned this venue as an option and for whatever reason it didn’t go anywhere. Flash forward 6 months and I hear what everyone else heard..it’s over goodbye no more Canby. Well guys and gals.. I’m not trying to make a NEW show here, I’m simply offering my best attempt at keeping the SAME show going without killing myself with debilitating hinderances that I can only assume killed the show at the old venue. Here’s where things have changed from years prior, I’m one guy not a club, I’m taking on ALL responsibility for every aspect of this event aside from the help I’ll be getting from the venue itself, I’m ok with this, it’s not my first car show. If people want to come out and have a great time they’ll put a few bucks in their pocket and come out. I hope that a little potential weather doesn’t keep anyone from coming but if that happens then it happens. As far as conflicting with other events to me that’s like saying I’ve got too many tools or too many toys or too many Datsun’s haha in my mind there is NEVER enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1