Jump to content

Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet


jbirds510

Recommended Posts

The Datsun June get together lives! It brings people together and builds a strong community where we help each other and provides a venue where we can appreciate the time money and ingenuity spent on our vehicles.

 

It appears that kids aren't as interested in cars as they have been. Could we encourage interest by introducing the Datsun community to high school and college students at the get together next year? If they know there is a community that supports their interest in Datsuns and Nissans they might keep the flame going for our vehicles.

 

John

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 620crumudgeon said:

The Datsun June get together lives! It brings people together and builds a strong community where we help each other and provides a venue where we can appreciate the time money and ingenuity spent on our vehicles.

 

It appears that kids aren't as interested in cars as they have been. Could we encourage interest by introducing the Datsun community to high school and college students at the get together next year? If they know there is a community that supports their interest in Datsuns and Nissans they might keep the flame going for our vehicles.

 

John

 

This is pretty true, my friend Collin and I were the only high school kids that I saw there

  • Like 3
Link to post

Jay thanks for a great time.  It was nice to meet everybody (I ran into) and see all the goodies!  Gives me a huge kick in da a$$ to get moving and finish my car for next year.  My wife and I had a great time and will definitely be back in 2020.  Sweet cars and trucks by all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, PercyTheAce said:

 

This is pretty true, my friend Collin and I were the only high school kids that I saw there

Wait you're the Marysville cat I saw last minute as I was saying goodbye to people

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, hobospyder said:

Wait you're the Marysville cat I saw last minute as I was saying goodbye to people

 Yep, that was us. We had to dip out early on Sunday unfortunately, we had a family thing in woodland we needed to get to

Link to post

Want to say thanks to everyone that bought something from me. 
Also, if I didn't have your size, they are now ordered. :)

 

How about a pic dump?? 

 

IMG_9760.JPG


IMG_9761.JPG
 

IMG_9766.JPG
 

IMG_9767.JPG
 

IMG_9768.JPG
 

IMG_9769.JPG
 

IMG_9770.JPG
 

IMG_9771.JPG
 

IMG_9773.JPG
 

IMG_9775.JPG
 

IMG_9777.JPG
 

IMG_9779.JPG
 

IMG_9781.JPG
 

IMG_9783.JPG
 

IMG_9784.JPG
 

IMG_9786.JPG
 

IMG_9788.JPG
 

IMG_9790.JPG
 

IMG_9792.JPG
 

IMG_9794.JPG
 

IMG_9795.JPG
 

IMG_9797.JPG
 

IMG_9801.JPG

 

IMG_9802.JPG
 

IMG_9804.JPG
 

IMG_9806.JPG
 

IMG_9808.JPG
 

IMG_9810.JPG
 

IMG_9812.JPG
 

IMG_9813.JPG
 

IMG_9816.JPG
 

IMG_9817.JPG
 

IMG_9819.JPG
 

IMG_9821.JPG
 

IMG_9822.JPG
 

IMG_9824.JPG

 

 

Hold for more....
 

  • Like 8
Link to post

You will probably notice in this post the meandering away from Dattos. Just posting in cronological order. 

IMG_9826.JPG

 

IMG_9828.JPG

 

IMG_9830.JPG

 

IMG_9832.JPG

 

IMG_9834.JPG

 

IMG_9836.JPG

 

IMG_9837.JPG

 

IMG_9839.JPG

 

IMG_9841.JPG

 

IMG_9842.JPG

 

IMG_9844.JPG

 

IMG_9847.JPG

 

IMG_9848.JPG

 

IMG_9849.JPG

 

IMG_9853.JPG

 

IMG_9857.JPG

 

IMG_9859.JPG

 

IMG_9861.JPG

 

IMG_9863.JPG

 

IMG_9871.JPG

 

IMG_9873.JPG

 

IMG_9876.JPG

 

IMG_9878.JPG

 

IMG_9881.JPG

 

IMG_9882.JPG

 

IMG_9888.JPG

 

IMG_9889.JPG

 

Gotta take the grandkid to skool, will post more in a bit. :)

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to post

Back from skool. :)

 

Has anyone mentioned that this venue is awesome? 

 

IMG_9891.JPG
 

IMG_9892.JPG
 

IMG_9893.JPG
 

IMG_9894.JPG
 

IMG_9896.JPG
 

IMG_9897.JPG
 

IMG_9898.JPG
 

IMG_9901.JPG
 

IMG_9903.JPG
 

IMG_9904.JPG
 

IMG_9905.JPG
 

IMG_9909.JPG
 

IMG_9910.JPG
 

IMG_9911.JPG
 

IMG_9913.JPG
 

IMG_9914.JPG
 

IMG_9915.JPG
 

IMG_9919.JPG
 

IMG_9920.JPG
 

IMG_9921.JPG
 

IMG_9923.JPG
 

IMG_9925.JPG
 

IMG_9927.JPG
 

 

So cool dogs are allowed :)

 

IMG_9928.JPG


 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Here are the last of my pics.

 

IMG_0001.JPG

 

IMG_0002.JPG

 

IMG_0004.JPG

 

IMG_0006.JPG

 

IMG_0007.JPG

 

IMG_0009.JPG

 

IMG_0010.JPG

 

IMG_0013.JPG

 

IMG_0014.JPG

 

IMG_0016.JPG

 

IMG_0018.JPG

 

IMG_0020.JPG

 

IMG_0021.JPG

 

IMG_0022.JPG

 

IMG_0023.JPG

 

IMG_0024.JPG

 

 

Stopped for lunch at Boomers BBQ just before the border to WA.
Never been before or even heard of it, but highly recommend now if you are into bbq. 

Plus there's a photo op right in front. :)


IMG_0029.JPG


IMG_0030.JPG


IMG_0035.JPG

 

 

Still working on the video, should be about 15 mins of footage. :)

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post

Sweet ,, really nice editing ,,  honestly thought i would see that yellow chevy fullsize sneeked into the middle somewhere.

 

 

Ok i'll do it got dang ut 

 

Hhv40dk.jpg

 

h3fdxSm.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
sweet tow vehicle
  • Like 3
Link to post

I kinda screwed up getting pics for CT meet awhile go,,  but got picture taking machine working again... Sorry but was dinking around pretty hard Sunday so only got a couple from then if you were there only that day. 

 

in no order

 

TVeDzVB.jpg

 

cFsRbQF.jpg

 

jXVKA1Y.jpg

 

WGViacB.jpg

 

ITgndf0.jpg

 

qKpY24u.jpg

 

tNQTfGA.jpg

 

O3wrddZ.jpg

 

nwzcsSQ.jpg

 

yH3tRnl.jpg

 

5pVf4m5.jpg

 

Rzd1nON.jpg

 

lNBOFjl.jpg

 

whnPNgP.jpg

 

oFUCQrv.jpgiPA4ic8.jpg

 

EfTbQNg.jpg

 

KBUzf4Z.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post

FMedPvB.jpg

 

n0S7BUW.jpg

 

 

tZBdi95.jpg

 

 

KohMzhM.jpg

 

 

B41ZTSL.jpg

 

bpOyjXt.jpg

 

 

8S3Tr6r.jpg

 

 

vEFuKmO.jpg

 

 

IGU0mGv.jpg

 

qfxfAiQ.jpgaUT4Jlp.jpg

 

0KtCWVw.jpg

 

nYoUksu.jpg

 

GThXJWZ.jpg

 

ZPctJ6y.jpg

 

 

 

Interlude 

 

 

 

PFlUUws.jpg

 

 

x4VBdF3.jpg

 

 

9BZUIYI.jpg

 

hbKLzSl.jpg

 

TgPYqvI.jpg

 

YOaTGyr.jpg

 

mLuDhjy.jpg

 

G3kxVXH.jpg

 

uic4onH.jpg

 

5gB8OLC.jpg

 

6lKiE3X.jpg

 

N0adGEH.jpg

 

uMovCfX.jpg

 

KqzzS3k.jpg

 

QdClxB0.jpg

 

Xhmd3uj.jpg

 

 

Chris-craft insides 

 

X58zN1s.jpg

0Pvbr3A.jpg

 

h7VgLUu.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

The dude we asked to walk with us said this was one guys collection.. 

 

JcFD9AG.jpg

 

 

wkL5gbV.jpg

 

S7uvCpe.jpg

 

 

Under that mini semi posted earlier.. 

 

4Kb5TzL.jpg

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

FMedPvB.jpg

 

n0S7BUW.jpg

 

 

tZBdi95.jpg

 

 

KohMzhM.jpg

 

 

B41ZTSL.jpg

 

bpOyjXt.jpg

 

 

8S3Tr6r.jpg

 

 

vEFuKmO.jpg

 

 

IGU0mGv.jpg

 

qfxfAiQ.jpgaUT4Jlp.jpg

 

0KtCWVw.jpg

 

nYoUksu.jpg

 

GThXJWZ.jpg

 

ZPctJ6y.jpg

 

 

 

Interlude 

 

 

 

PFlUUws.jpg

 

 

x4VBdF3.jpg

 

 

9BZUIYI.jpg

 

hbKLzSl.jpg

 

TgPYqvI.jpg

 

YOaTGyr.jpg

 

mLuDhjy.jpg

 

G3kxVXH.jpg

 

uic4onH.jpg

 

5gB8OLC.jpg

 

6lKiE3X.jpg

 

N0adGEH.jpg

 

uMovCfX.jpg

 

KqzzS3k.jpg

 

QdClxB0.jpg

 

Xhmd3uj.jpg

 

 

Chris-craft insides 

 

X58zN1s.jpg

0Pvbr3A.jpg

 

h7VgLUu.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

The dude we asked to walk with us said this was one guys collection.. 

 

JcFD9AG.jpg

 

 

wkL5gbV.jpg

 

S7uvCpe.jpg

 

 

Under that mini semi posted earlier.. 

 

4Kb5TzL.jpg

 

 

Man that old Kenworth W 900 was worth a see as well. shit im summing next year.

  • Like 4
Link to post

I love how I was there for only an hour and how many pictures you guys took of my truck. Great  venue, I hope to spend more time at next years show. 

 

Nice work J!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
14 minutes ago, HOGIE said:

I love how I was there for only an hour and how many pictures you guys took of my truck. Great  venue, I hope to spend more time at next years show. 

 

Nice work J!

Well its a beauty man.  

  • Like 2
Link to post

Parts! I’d like to say thanks again to all the venders who came out! Vender spots will remain at no additional charge in 2020. Bring lots of parts! I don’t know of ANY Datsun owner who isn’t looking for SOMETHING! You guys made my year coming out and enjoying the weekend with me! 

@mrbigtankeryou thought that KW was sweet then you are in for a treat..there are THREE massive buildings FULL of bygone commercial.

 

@WAGON JON and @hang_510 a very special thank you to you guys for hauling me down to Sacramento so I could spend some time with my dad while he going through his treatments. And putting up with me going on and on and on about the show through the entire 10 hour drive 😁😂😁

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Thank you to all those posting pics!!!  I wasn't there very long either day and missed a lot.  I did tour the truck museum Saturday before heading over to the Datsuns.  I knew I wouldn't make it back if I did the Datsuns first. LOL   Great venue for a show!!  Thanks jbird!  I've been to every Canby.  I liked this event enough, I'll continue to go!  

 

On the long post of pics.....the wall of wrenches....I'm pretty sure our guide said there was just over 1000 wrenches and no two were alike.  The tanker below it was significant because it had over 3 million miles on it.  I think he said it had gone through 3 motors and many rebuilds.  I think he also said that they would "hot seat" it between Sacramento and Portland(maybe Seattle)....so basically, the truck never really had a break.  That distance is roughly 6x's to the moon and back.

Edited by mklotz70
  • Like 6
Link to post
On 6/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, KoHeartsGPA said:

Fuck Facebook

Love them or hate them, i have uploaded thousands and  thousands of photos and they arent charging hosting fees... Photobucket is still acting strangely...apprehensive to use them still even though i have a pay account. 

 

That being said, I'll have the rest of my albums up (public) on FB sometime today i hope. I will post links for those who can stand clocking on FB. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.