Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......I just went to the DatsunsNW.org site to confirm the dates against another event (non-auto) that I'm considering.  I was pretty disappointed to see they've quite doing it.....and that it took this long for me to find out.   I already scheduled an extra week off in June to prep.  I was going to see about doing a vendors booth and bring some stuff.  I'm happy to see that the event has been picked up.  

I saw the talk about the pizza cart but once I got to the part about bringing cars off a container.....I quickly scanned through all that.....so maybe I missed the answer.  What about all the other vendors that have been at Canby every year?  If vendors aren't allowed, I'm fine with that....saves me a ton of work trying to bring stuff. lol  Also....if no vendors, I can do the other event and then just show up Sunday for whatever's left. :)  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Well......I just went to the DatsunsNW.org site to confirm the dates against another event (non-auto) that I'm considering.  I was pretty disappointed to see they've quite doing it.....and that it took this long for me to find out.   I already scheduled an extra week off in June to prep.  I was going to see about doing a vendors booth and bring some stuff.  I'm happy to see that the event has been picked up.  

I saw the talk about the pizza cart but once I got to the part about bringing cars off a container.....I quickly scanned through all that.....so maybe I missed the answer.  What about all the other vendors that have been at Canby every year?  If vendors aren't allowed, I'm fine with that....saves me a ton of work trying to bring stuff. lol  Also....if no vendors, I can do the other event and then just show up Sunday for whatever's left. ?

Are you talking about food or are you talking about goods like shirts and parts etc?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Yes it’s free. Bring it out. 

Okay. Thanks. It's been a few years since I've been down there.  Do you know where we'll be able to setup?  Space available?  I'm curious to know so I can bring a canopy down....one or two 10x10's or maybe a 10x20....nice to have the extra room to sit in the shade. :)

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, mklotz70 said:

Okay. Thanks. It's been a few years since I've been down there.  Do you know where we'll be able to setup?  Space available?  I'm curious to know so I can bring a canopy down....one or two 10x10's or maybe a 10x20....nice to have the extra room to sit in the shade. ?

I don't think you'll need it for shade per say since it usually is cloudy that time of year, it'll help you with eventual scattered rain shower though ?

• Like 3

I believe there will be plenty of room Mike(62 acres), the question will be if the swap meet booths/spots will be where ever you camp/park, or if it will be organized in a certain area, I do not believe that Canby rules are going to exist at this show/meet, you likely can sell out of the back of your truck.

I suspect that this will happen like Blue Lake where people will arrive and park where they can find room close to everyone else, there freinds, or close the the folks with their model of Datsuns, but there will be tents at this show/meet, and parts for sale will likely be more spread out.

I wonder if this will attract people from the other attractions near by, will others just curious about what is going on be able to just walk in or have a cheap entrance fee just to see what's going on?

Maybe someone with a drone can take some photos when a lot of people/vehicles are there, I believe I read that the guy taking all the photos at Canby the last few years knows about this also, maybe he has a drone if he is coming, park a bunch of Datsuns spelling out Datsun in the field.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Okay. Thanks. It's been a few years since I've been down there.  Do you know where we'll be able to setup?  Space available?  I'm curious to know so I can bring a canopy down....one or two 10x10's or maybe a 10x20....nice to have the extra room to sit in the shade. ?

If you need 10x10..it’s yours, if you need more, that’s alright, have some more ;). There’s enough room that no one should feel cramped. 

The swappers and venders will have a row to the eastern side of the event area.

The event participants will be parking in rows to the west of the swapping area under a grove of well manicured mature trees with a decent canopy, however, come prepared to be in an event held in Oregon. By June Brooks Oregon will most likely be 74f/49f average.

As I mentioned in a previous post, last year in Canby it was nasty but at the same time in Brooks the sun was out.  

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

I don't think you'll need it for shade per say since it usually is cloudy that time of year, it'll help you with eventual scattered rain shower though ?

I've been there every year....we've had years where it was warm and sunny.   Shade or showers, I'll be covered. :)

• Like 4
8 hours ago, wayno said:

I believe there will be plenty of room Mike(62 acres), the question will be if the swap meet booths/spots will be where ever you camp/park, or if it will be organized in a certain area, I do not believe that Canby rules are going to exist at this show/meet, you likely can sell out of the back of your truck.

I suspect that this will happen like Blue Lake where people will arrive and park where they can find room close to everyone else, there freinds, or close the the folks with their model of Datsuns, but there will be tents at this show/meet, and parts for sale will likely be more spread out.

I wonder if this will attract people from the other attractions near by, will others just curious about what is going on be able to just walk in or have a cheap entrance fee just to see what's going on?

Maybe someone with a drone can take some photos when a lot of people/vehicles are there, I believe I read that the guy taking all the photos at Canby the last few years knows about this also, maybe he has a drone if he is coming, park a bunch of Datsuns spelling out Datsun in the field.

I will probably have the displays in the bed of the truck, so the truck will go in the booth either way. lol

Sounds like it out to be a nice venue and a good time.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

If you need 10x10..it’s yours, if you need more, that’s alright, have some more ;). There’s enough room that no one should feel cramped. 

The swappers and venders will have a row to the eastern side of the event area.

The event participants will be parking in rows to the west of the swapping area under a grove of well manicured mature trees with a decent canopy, however, come prepared to be in an event held in Oregon. By June Brooks Oregon will most likely be 74f/49f average.

As I mentioned in a previous post, last year in Canby it was nasty but at the same time in Brooks the sun was out.  

Cool. Sounds good.  We'll see what works out on my end.  I'm not even caught up with current orders, so getting far enough ahead to do displays.....hhmm... lol  

• Like 2

The Red headed Hottie and i are driving something Datsun up. 

May throw some parts in the trunk, but last year at Canby selling was a waste of time. Totally cool with parts delivery on request.

Just really wondering what the hell i will have available to drive, seems I'm back to selling everything cool I build.

would be cool to see the normal crew of Datsun heads

Keeper out

• Like 8