Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

Perhaps one man can make it happen.

Keep the same date. There is already a hole in the calendar that weekend vacated by the Canby show. 

A camel is a horse built by a committee. Hard to get anything accomplished and done right when you need to please everyone on the team. DNW was only famous for the Canby event anyway and it grew to something larger than they could handle. If you could come up with this, why couldn't they do something even better??? I suspect they are breathing a little easier now it's all over. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna clear up my position,,, i will be there.  the second weekend in June is perfect for my schedule,,, sometimes it sprinkles,, sometimes it rains,,,,  but it's always like a warm blanket,,,,  made up of some of the most eccentric humans to walk the planet. 

Fuck old school .. They have great Facebook advertising and self promotion but ,,, it's a one day show, and a short day at that. 

There is quite a few guys from all over the western US , that even though i don't speak much to them,, i feel like  reading many, many of their post and seeing what kinda titties and asses they prefer ( liked)  over the years ,,,  having them there makes me feel comfortable.. 

anyways. 

• Like 4

Well it’s booked..the show goes on. See you all there..or not..we’ll be here either way. 

Im working on some shirts for a raffle..they won’t be a big deal, just datsun related and it’ll be kept simple, your entry stub will have a number.. if your entry stub gets called you get 1.. no one will have to pay anything for a chance to win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Well it’s booked..the show goes on. See you all there..or not..we’ll be here either way. 

Im working on some shirts for a raffle..they won’t be a big deal, just datsun related and it’ll be kept simple, your entry stub will have a number.. if your entry stub gets called you get 1.. no one will have to pay anything for a chance to win.

do we have any info on number of cars or spots that can be camped in 

is it a comparable site for camping purposes 

we are planning to attend this but want to make sure there is plenty of camping when we arrive 

can we arrive fri eve as we did at canby and camp fri/sat nights 

sorry for all the questions just need to plan for this new event location 

THANKS AGAIN

I think it is awesome that you are doing this, it's hard to do stuff like this unless one has done it before, as mentioned a lot of folks have these dates in their calander, and we will not even hear anything from them till May, so the only thing that would need to be adjusted is the location which is not that far away from where Canby has been held.

On another subject, last year Ted had his friend with the pizza oven at Canby making/selling pizzas, I thought that was awesome, is that going to be possible at this location if Ted can talk his friend into it again?

I plan to be there.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ranman72 said:

do we have any info on number of cars or spots that can be camped in 

is it a comparable site for camping purposes 

we are planning to attend this but want to make sure there is plenty of camping when we arrive 

can we arrive fri eve as we did at canby and camp fri/sat nights 

sorry for all the questions just need to plan for this new event location 

THANKS AGAIN

No harm in asking and I’m glad to answer. The venue is 62 acres and Friday night you and your wife are welcome to be my guests at my home. Have a bbq dinner play some horseshoes listen to some music, talk datsun and camp. Saturday night there will be enough room to not be cramped even if 800 cars show up. 

If we get over 20 cars at my house a plan is already in motion to park the overflow on my neighbors 2.5 acres..all Friday parking will be safe and secure, I live in the country.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, wayno said:

I think it is awesome that you are doing this, it's hard to do stuff like this unless one has done it before, as mentioned a lot of folks have these dates in their calander, and we will not even hear anything from them till May, so the only thing that would need to be adjusted is the location which is not that far away from where Canby has been held.

On another subject, last year Ted had his friend with the pizza oven at Canby making/selling pizzas, I thought that was awesome, is that going to be possible at this location if Ted can talk his friend into it again?

I plan to be there.

Yep sounds EXACTLY right..show goes on trying to keep it the same as before!

I have a meeting with the venue Friday to discuss a couple details and I’ll ask about the pizza thing and don’t hold me to this as I’ll find out for sure but I don’t think there would be a problem. If I don’t get back to you by Saturday about this please PM me a reminder. I know I had the pizza and it was damned good and I’d love to have it again this year.

Its two difference shows on the same weekend as Canby. Old school reunion  in bonnie lake Wa and Kickin it old school By Boring OR.  Both draw Datsuns..  So a different date would be better, THE FOLLOWING YEAR!   This would be a good trial run in keeping the Canby meet going. 

Doesn't matter to me this coming year. Wont be doing to any thing that weekend except for giving my daughter away in marriage.

• Like 1

I was just asking about the pizza thing, I had nothing to do with it, but I talked with them at Canby, and it was an issue for the fairgrounds even though I believe the pizza guy was self contained, I talked with Ted also, I hope it can happen on both sides.

I do know a lot of the Roadster guys go to Canby for the awards show on Sunday, so do other model types, I do not know how any of that show stuff worked as I never have entered any of my vehicles in that part of it, I did win an award one year for peoples choice in the corral(vehicles not entered in the show but parked in the corral) one year, I do not know how this will effect them guys, they are there every year rain or shine.

We are due for a dry year though, I hope we have it, are there any trees around at this place?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wayno said:

I was just asking about the pizza thing, I had nothing to do with it, but I talked with them at Canby, and it was an issue for the fairgrounds even though I believe the pizza guy was self contained, I talked with Ted also, I hope it can happen on both sides.

I do know a lot of the Roadster guys go to Canby for the awards show on Sunday, so do other model types, I do not know how any of that show stuff worked as I never have entered any of my vehicles in that part of it, I did win an award one year for peoples choice in the corral(vehicles not entered in the show but parked in the corral) one year, I do not know how this will effect them guys, they are there every year rain or shine.

We are due for a dry year though, I hope we have it, are there any trees around at this place?

Great points, Awards at this point however is still fairly up in the air. Some feedback from the people who enjoy the awards aspect of Canby would be greatly appreciated though because like you I’ve never entered anything I’ve driven into the contest portion of the event. If this is something that is important to some folks I would be willing to give it special attention.

Edited by jbirds510
Typo
9 hours ago, Farmer said:

Its two difference shows on the same weekend as Canby. Old school reunion  in bonnie lake Wa and Kickin it old school By Boring OR.  Both draw Datsuns..  So a different date would be better, THE FOLLOWING YEAR!   This would be a good trial run in keeping the Canby meet going. 

Doesn't matter to me this coming year. Wont be doing to any thing that weekend except for giving my daughter away in marriage.

Canby was around BEFORE all the OTHER shows. Everyone tryn to eat a piece of Canby Jealousy pie! Tasters choice. At this point you can go anywhere you want. Where 's your allegiance? We'll see when the dates roll around!

• Like 3

That clears up a lot and honestly I thought heck this is the first year doing this maybe next year things can be tweaked.  If people want to go to those other shows so be it, no one is stopping them.

The closure of Canby have also been brought up to the attention of the Mt. Shasta Roadster guys but again that's another show.  Canby was a well respected show just like Blue Lake and others.  Let's make this one big and pass the word around because I know I will.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WAGON JON said:

Canby was around BEFORE all the OTHER shows. Everyone tryn to eat a piece of Canby Jealousy pie! Tasters choice. At this point you can go anywhere you want. Where 's your allegiance? We'll see when the dates roll around!

I was just giving some info about other shows that datsun peeps go to on the same weekend. As for being were my allegiance to, my answers is Datsun.  I've gone to Canby 10 out of the 13 shows.  If money and time wasn't an issue, I'd travel all over going to Datsun shows.  

• Like 4

Some one has stepped up and is going to have a show for the weekend that was scheduled and then cancelled, instead of putting in your 2 cents worth about when it should be, (Canby was scheduled for that weekend). Give him a chance and support for this to happen. Brooks is usually a little milder weather, so should be great, Go to whatever show you want to and if people want to go to better than Canby, we don't care where you go

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For myself and everyone else I talk with about the "Canby" revival, there is nothing but excitement and a feeling of relief, that something as important as this gathering is continued.
Thanks for the effort, I will show my support by attending. 
:Ali-Reza in Klamath Falls, OR. 

• Like 5

Here we go again with what date and what have you. It’s like a party it’s this date and that’s it, move the fuck on if you don’t go to the new show that someone is doing. We all have choices in life go to the show you want to. Its always the same people don't or won't take on the responsibility of doing one themselves. 

I for one will do my best to go to this show. Thank you again for doing it. 

Edited by mrbigtanker
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Naturally this is where everyone starts bickering. Your show, you make the rules. People will show up. Keep it similar to canby and you'll have similar results. Hell... improve it a bit, and you'll fill that place up.

Good luck!

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Draker said:

Naturally this is where everyone starts bickering. Your show, you make the rules. People will show up. Keep it similar to canby and you'll have similar results. Hell... improve it a bit, and you'll fill that place up.

Good luck!

Thanks man. Dates locked, Hosting venue is amazing, Enthusiests are enthusiastic haha gonna be a great time we’re  gonna make some great memories, gonna meet some new people and connect with some old friends who many of us only get to see 1-2 times a year.. it’s pretty exciting to get to see some of the cars and trucks in person that ordinarily We’d only get to see in pictures on peoples social media pages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 12/14/2018 at 6:28 PM, WAGON JON said:

Well, I'm all about it! I drive all the way from Sacto Cali for the Canby event, so I'll do it for this event for sure!!

@WAGON JONRoad trip! When would you be leaving?

Edited by 68Datsun510
  • Like 2