Canby=Powerland NW datsun meet

jbirds510

Here’s the short. I’ll pick this event up.

dates: June 8-9 at https://g.co/kgs/gBsGmi

cost is $8.00 for 1 day or $16.00 for both days entrance fee. $10 tent camping $20 rv spot (20 amp power and water).

Cost to enter a vehicle into the show: FREE

Cost for a swapmeet spot: FREE

Vender spots: FREE. 

What you get for your $8/16, 1 full day or 2 full days of access to the show and also if you’d like to walk around the venue there are also 14 various museums on the grounds that you’ll have access to. These Musuems typically ask for a small donation and that’s voluntary.

Anyone who would like to come a little early (Friday) are welcome to pitch a tent On my property just up the road from the event location. We’ll be doing outdoor movies, bbq, camping. If people need to do any basic repairs or adjustments I have a 4000ft facility on the property for that also. I can host up to about 20 cars.

I’d like to get with any local or non local club for club pick trophies.

Ill be making a several trophies also to include.

farthest traveled under its own power,  best of show, best daily driver, &“the mouse trap”, which is the most how did this car/truck even make it here?? Award. 

More trophy classes may open up as we get closer to the date. 

Who’s interested?!

Edited by jbirds510
Add info
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking love tractors!!!      If you think you can pull it off ,,,,,  do it.  Don't try to do to much your first year,,, since the last nut was given to a charity you'll be starting from scratch ,,, and something is better than being overwhelmed debt wise. 

Do you need any money for event insurance bonding or whatever or does that place handle it??

You might wanna claim a non-profit type status or everything you collect is taxable income if someone was to go up your ass in the future. 

;.

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 7

@hobospyderI think the venue is pretty chill about that sort of thing based on other events I’ve been to at this location. I think the only thing that would really draw their attention would be alcohol and disrespect toward their property.

message me for my address for the Friday plan.

@bananahamuck I have zero interest in making any money from this event, just want to offer the same great time we’ve all come to love about the canby show.

As far as insurance and bonds etc that was something I didn’t want to take on myself so this venue allows me to pass that on to them and is why there’s an entrance fee onto the grounds, that also covers restrooms and grounds preparation, trash cans etc etc. It really is an ideal location for this type of event. The venue coordinator is also a former datsun owner/lover and that really went a long way when I went this morning to lock down the date!

the only debt I may incur and was warned about is a possible fire marshals permit. But that can’t cost that much and IF that does apply I’ll gladly cover it just to keep the event going.

This venue also makes its beyond easy to do this event with little to no help from volunteers. All I really ask is no one leave a mess.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

@hobospyderI think the venue is pretty chill about that sort of thing based on other events I’ve been to at this location. I think the only thing that would really draw their attention would be alcohol and disrespect toward their property.

message me for my address for the Friday plan.

@bananahamuck I have zero interest in making any money from this event, just want to offer the same great time we’ve all come to love about the canby show.

As far as insurance and bonds etc that was something I didn’t want to take on myself so this venue allows me to pass that on to them and is why there’s an entrance fee onto the grounds, that also covers restrooms and grounds preparation, trash cans etc etc. It really is an ideal location for this type of event. The venue coordinator is also a former datsun owner/lover and that really went a long way when I went this morning to lock down the date!

the only debt I may incur and was warned about is a possible fire marshals permit. But that can’t cost that much and IF that does apply I’ll gladly cover it just to keep the event going.

This venue also makes its beyond easy to do this event with little to no help from volunteers. All I really ask is no one leave a mess.

Thanks for taking up the mantle on this.

I'll echo what Nanners said, I'm fine with pitching in some cash to help out with the costs.

I'd definitely like to hang out/camp for the Friday plan, but as I'm only about 40 mins away from you if it runs tight on space I'd be glad to let someone coming from further out take that space and I'd just drop by and chill. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

There will be camping at the show. The only thing to really change from canby is the location and less cost for the participants.

i would like more details about location and camping 

we go to canby every year so we are ready to go somewhere else with similar amenities 

camping on the grounds and lots of datsun cars and people 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

i would like more details about location and camping 

we go to canby every year so we are ready to go somewhere else with similar amenities 

camping on the grounds and lots of datsun cars and people 

Hey bud, between now and the event date I’ll schedule a flight down to Sacramento to make a NorCal meeting at the roundtable pizza to go over this and discuss/cover any details you  and the other participants may have questions about in more depth. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in June just like last year!

• Like 4

Jbirds510 you are bad ass. Man i will try my best to make it up this year as well. So for us far guys though I guess your place or leave later being saturday and sunday then. I guess as time passes you will fill in the blanks.  I would love to do a show as well in southern california,[camp out ] as well.

Can we do a truck raffle please. lol just kidding i had to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I have a cool green one with a lot of money in it that is a pain in my ass. Let me think about it. Lol.  

4 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I have a cool green one with a lot of money in it that is a pain in my ass. Let me think about it. Lol.  

im in for a ticket on this one 

i need another pain in my ass and this one has a great start

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Hey bud, between now and the event date I’ll schedule a flight down to Sacramento to make a NorCal meeting at the roundtable pizza to go over this and discuss/cover any details you  and the other participants may have questions about in more depth. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in June just like last year!

I cant wait 

I am ready 

• Like 2