Sign in to follow this  
FatehShehryar

What to check after changing O2 sensor

My car had an O2 sensor that wasn't working in result it gave a pretty bad average. My question is do I need to change engine oil after changing o2 sensor, could the petrol have mixed with the engine oil because of bad O2 sensor? Sorry I'm a newbee

What year 510 are we talking about? As far as I know, there is no 510 that used an 02 sensor. But if it did it would be located in the exhaust manifold and monitors the air fuel mixture. It has nothing to do with the oil system. If the 02 sensor failed because there's oil in the combustion chamber you may have leaky valve seals or head gasket, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. What do your spark plugs look like?

I did a little searching and found that your 510 has a toyota 4sfe swap. The O2 sensor does the same thing with that motor as any other. 

The O2 sensor is mounted in the exhaust manifold to monitor how much unburned oxygen is in the exhaust as the exhaust exits the engine. Monitoring oxygen levels in the exhaust is a way of gauging the fuel mixture. It tells the ECU (engine computer) if the fuel mixture is burning rich (too much gas) or lean (not enough gas).