Sign in to follow this  
NVFireFighter

Wheels

Negative offset moves the rim outward from the axle. Two 2cm plus the extra width might put it into the fender. Find out the width of your rims and use an on-line calculator for offset. 

So, these have a 19mm offset.....definately will not work. Damn, liked them.....

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Negative offset moves the rim outward from the axle. Two 2cm plus the extra width might put it into the fender. Find out the width of your rims and use an on-line calculator for offset. 

Do you know the offset and width of stock 14" wheels Mike?

When going with a much wider wheel, measuring the backspacing is more important than measuring the offset.

https://www.americastire.com/learn/offset-backspace?cid=3b876a09-97eb-4b73-8580-0ff7e351324f&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIycDsi42Y3wIVhsBkCh3L9w9KEAAYASAAEgLu0_D_BwE

Six of one half dozen of the other. 

I run + 10 or +15 17x8s on 521-Have some 0 offset 16x8s on a 620 here seem to fit with 225x50s not super low !

13 minutes ago, hosestop@msn.com said:

I run + 10 or +15 17x8s on 521-Have some 0 offset 16x8s on a 620 here seem to fit with 225x50s not super low !

Thanks!

On 12/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, frank88 said:

I use this site and can compare to your current wheels. Then can use a ruler to visually see: https://www.willtheyfit.com

Excellent site......thank you!

Just snagged these off of ebay..............

.s-l1600_zpsa5r59a4c.jpg

Does anyone know how much I'm going to have to bore the wheels to fit?

Get a tape measure. Take your rim off and measure it. I think you can use a router to trim the aluminum.

Every 6-lug wheel I've brought in from Japan had a center bore either 108mm or 110mm.

The register on a 620 only 90mm, so most likely, you won't have to have them machined.

But if you do, have someone machine them.

A router turns way too fast, and router bits are meant for wood.

Using them on aluminum will just fuck everything up, including the bit, and probably the router.

Even with correct machinery, machining aluminum requires coolant to bee constantly fed onto the surface being cut, and the cutting bit.

• Like 1

When I was about 20 years old, I hogged out the center bore of a set of wheels with a carbide burr on a die grinder. It worked ok, but took about 4 hours and the resulting wheels had no register anymore. I then paid a machine shop to do the next set. They charged $100 and the machine work was beautiful, and retained the correct register. Lesson learned.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:51 AM, datzenmike said:

Six of one half dozen of the other. 

Yes, but with a wider wheel, measuring offset is meaningless as far as interference with suspension components goes.  You need to know how much room you have before you start running into tie rod ends and such.