• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Well I finally went and got a tool box. I got a 15% discount due to a bump on one side all the draws work and another 10% cause my friend used his vet status. So got the box way cheaper than would be. I have to get everything organized and keep it clean. This will help. Also have the masionary fella coming back to do the other side inside the building, not far from getting it finnished till the next thing.

IMG-20200922-124539-5.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, edekalil said:

Well I finally went and got a tool box. I got a 15% discount due to a bump on one side all the draws work and another 10% cause my friend used his vet status. So got the box way cheaper than would be. I have to get everything organized and keep it clean. This will help. Also have the masionary fella coming back to do the other side inside the building, not far from getting it finnished till the next thing.

IMG-20200922-124539-5.jpg

Got the same chest- has worked quite well for me- even survived a crosscountry move full of tools at the hands of movers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, demo243 said:

Got the same chest- has worked quite well for me- even survived a crosscountry move full of tools at the hands of movers.

Yes I been working out of two old craftsman boxes a metric I got in 79 when I got my 510 and a sae I think it's called (american) I got when I was a teenager. I have tools all over so this should help me get things in order and easier to find.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, edekalil said:

Yes I been working out of two old craftsman boxes a metric I got in 79 when I got my 510 and a sae I think it's called (american) I got when I was a teenager. I have tools all over so this should help me get things in order and easier to find.

Its amazing how much of a difference it makes. I had been using my craftsmen plastic box... plus what ever other storage each set came. Once I put em all in the roller it becomes so much faster and intuitive - you just learn to know that the 1/4"s are in the second on the right, the 3/8"s in the second on the left, the 1/2"s in 3rd on the right, electrical in the 4th on the left, screwdrivers in the top right... etc

It makes for a tall workbench, but I have been building my benches tall enough to store the chest underneath. You could also pick up a piece of butcher block and cut it down to fit directly on top of the rolling chest for more rolling flexibility.

50323313413_6f73f2b7d9_c.jpgUntitled by D M, on Flickr

Love seeing shots of other peoples garage set ups.

Edited by demo243
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Found most if not all of the new parts for the L20B build for the 2 door all apart.

The timing chain components and oil pump and bearings. All look good.

IMG-20201011-130638.jpg

Compleat gasket set,rings set,and tower shims all look good. The tower shims may need a slight cleaning other everything looks good. Plus a L16 exhaust/intake gasket I believe can be used on a u67 head.

IMG-20201011-130444.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm glad it's getting warm around here now. I have to do some more re arranging now to get the L20b block out the back door so I can clean it up even though it's been done up it's been sitting on the stand for a long time. I'm going to try to get it together before the summer ends with my limited time. And get back on the under side of the car. Just been busy. At least I still have a few weeks of vacation I can put toward it. Also a lady came by and said she had a client who wanted to make an offer on my building but there's no way I'm going anywhere. Now to go drive the Goon and 2 2doors while it's nice outside.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Finally got a bit of time to get back on the L20B block. Still have to clean up and find a place for some stuff to clear out around the car to make room to get something done on it.

7903BD5C-6CBB-40F8-86D0-5D898251661C.jpeg

C85025A3-F813-4DE9-A226-25310430D7E0.jpeg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well off this week and it’s way warmer so I’m getting going on the L20B that will go in the 2 door all apart. Been reading, reading, and reading (How To Rebuild Your Nissan/ Datsun OHC Motor), So hopefully I won’t miss anything. My plan is to get the crank in and pistons in with all the goodie’s That go with them. If I get that done with no problem then I’ll see what’s next at that time. 

BCEE817B-0FFE-4C47-BF9D-F2AE491C60E1.jpeg

2E00B996-D456-475A-A299-0F53B0643DD4.jpeg

5CBD021D-1FE2-467C-949E-323B94D57D39.jpeg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 2

Excellent! The best part of projects - and I love "How To Rebuild Your Nissan/ Datsun OHC Motor". No more demo, teardown, diverge, disassemble, deconstruct, disorder - it's the opposite. Get back to orderly arrangements and assemble.

Start with a block on a stand, blue paint, gasket set, a manual, and a torque wrench. L16, L20B, L28 - they've all been happy and bombproof once proper ignition and fuel provisions are offered.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the wrist pins to move freely with a little help of some Marvel Mystery oil. The MMO I sprayed on in the way past to keep anything from rusting had probably dried up and jelled up and made two of them vey stiff or tight so now they’re smooth s silk. So next is to get the rings on correctly and install them.

A02C6FE2-8DEB-4684-AFD9-942FCC26CEB9.jpeg

ED8B5A57-2433-4534-A3E5-29D9B53D4A2B.jpeg

176F321A-619E-47FA-97C9-78BA534D840D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...

Found the front cover for the L20B and probably most if not all the bolts to the front cover, the chain guide's, oil pan. Still more to locate. Got to figure just clean the cover up or get it shined all up. Found the new chain guide's and tensioner, timing chain with cam and crank sprocket's and oil pump as well as the gear thing that runs the oil pump and distributor. Now if I can just win the Powerball tonight I'll go buy those two two-door Sedans for sale south of here in Mandeville and Ocean Springs.

Compress_20230710_174958_8972.jpg

Compress_20230710_175000_0351.jpg

Compress_20230710_175002_2008.jpg

Compress_20230710_175003_3405.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...