2 door Sedan all apart

edekalil

10 hours ago, edekalil said:

Well if it doesn’t work as it should I’ll get a better one, just thought I’d check it out. It only has 2 sensors I think not 3 or 4 like the better ones. 

No doubt. I’m by no means hating on it. It worked well 97% of the time for me. The only reason I upgraded was because I moved/didn’t bring mine with and I don’t have harbor freight here. 

You have a nice build going btw. I’m most jealous of your rotisserie. 

Edited by BrandonS
  • Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BrandonS said:

No doubt. I’m by no means hating on it. It worked well 97% of the time for me. The only reason I upgraded was because I moved/didn’t bring mine with and I don’t have harbor freight here. 

You have a nice build going btw. I’m most jealous of your rotisserie. 

Thanks, I was lucky a friend offered it to me way back and going back to work helped as well. 

19 hours ago, edekalil said:

Ordered a rubber seal kit from Datsport today, that guy Baz is a trip and a very nice and helpful fella.

Tracy is a treat, as well.

I bought nearly every piece of rubber they offer for my wagon, save just a small few bits..

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, edekalil said:

Well if it doesn’t work as it should I’ll get a better one, just thought I’d check it out. It only has 2 sensors I think not 3 or 4 like the better ones. 

I welded my whole 521 using one of those.  Worked perfectly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 4perrev said:

Almost forgot......That rotisserie with the car on it looks like a Mack truck from the 80's!  Sweet, and I mean sweet man!!  Have fun.   

Thanks I'm trying to get on it everything keeps getting in my way now the city sent me a letter wanting me to cover my windows on the front corner of the building so no one can see in at my mess. I'll have to talk to the fella on Monday. Having only 2 days off to be here doesn't help but that's life. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:52 AM, edekalil said:

now the city sent me a letter wanting me to cover my windows on the front corner of the building so no one can see in at my mess.

Your city is trying to protect other residents from being exposed to a view they may not like?

Man, it's a good thing there aren't any real problems that need solving, I guess your city workers are so efficient that all they have left are the make work projects.

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:15 PM, Lockleaf said:

There is also self stick "window frost" so you still get light but not see through

And...……...You will have an all year Christmas vibe going to boot!!

13 hours ago, Draker said:

Great work!  Looking clean!!

Whats the plan after it's all stripped down? por15? and more undercoating?

After any patch work on the floor pans and seams strengthened and it's all cleaned, probably so. Still a ways off but little by little. Can't wait till February is over cause it gets cold during that month but it's been not to bad this year. When it gets warm again I'll take a week off and get more focused on her.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after getting a second letter about my windows I figured well let em have it. So off to get 8 eye screws and 4 tarps and strip some old copper wire and Wala!

IMG_20200316_125800.jpg

IMG_20200316_125740.jpg

IMG_20200316_125819.jpg

Now I should not have to hear anymore from the mayor, because I am helping move McComb forward and keeping it looking alive as he stated in his letter. Like the Special Man said in the old Frankie and Johnnie's Commercial Let Em Have It.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for no report on progress, been moving everything around in the garage to get some masionary work done. Got to try to get the fella back the beginning of July to  finish in the garage area. Then make some room to get back on things. I did get a couple of old arcade machines moved the other side of the downstairs out of the garage, so now I have room to set up a bench and move my L20b motor parts over to it out of the way. I'll report back later.

Was

IMG_20200317_133019_7.jpg

IMG_20200317_133021_7.jpg

IMG_20200317_133026_8.jpg

IMG_20200317_133028_7.jpg

Now

IMG-20200320-122741-9.jpg

IMG-20200320-122748-2.jpg

IMG-20200320-122801-4.jpg

Was

IMG_20200308_180323.jpg

IMG_20200308_180319.jpg