edekalil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/30/2019 at 10:35 PM, hobospyder said:

I think mine are holding up the rear end of a 76 longbed and a hardbody axle right now. I bought the more expensive pump style ones last year after borrowing a set from redeye because they're so much easier to use to move cars around

I saw those the other day not sure where maybe YouTube. They are nice.

9 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Wow man looking good. Get the windows fixed. 

Windows fixed at the building, tree cut up and cleaned up at the house. Next have to go see the welding man on Tuesday  to see how much to put bars behind the big windows. What a week off and did not drive one 510. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up a mount I had a welder friend make to mount to the front of the blue 510 to attach to the rotisserie.

IMG-20190606-155731.jpg

Put it on and realized I messed up on the angle of the angle iron so I dropped it back off to do a couple of corrections. Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow

IMG-20190606-162904.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Buddy, the rotisserie I built was a total of $160.  I burnt all the metal with a Miller 140.  My car's been sitting on it for over a year now.  Yours is muy better because you have wheels and a crank to rotate it.  I just push the car over and have my wife put bolts in the holes to hold it in place.  You will love it cause you can do anything to anywhere and not have to crawl around the floor.  Nice buy!!

• Like 1

Well I ant getting any younger so I figured it would be a whole lot easier to do it this way. I'm sure the rotisserie is made in China but what's not these days, I figure it should be good enough for this little car shell. This should be the quickest and easiest way to get back going on the car. Just couldn't stand looking at it on the jack stands. Soon as I can get my friend to get the front mount piece fixed up I'll have to grease up some things on the rotisserie (bearings and screw parts and where it rotates). I hope to get it all mounted here soon. I'll post some pics when it is. I still have to go through the parts in the car and sort out what's what. It will be slow but I have a lot more info than back 20 something years ago as well as a place to do it and some money but most of what I need is all here paid for  mostly old school stuff, just need to get it going again and finished.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 4
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, jbirds510 said:

Can’t wait to see pics of it all racked up! I’m excited for your build!

Racked up. I got a stack of $1's for a rack up picture!!  Old school stuff is where it is though..solid American built items.  Love em'!!

• Like 2
On 6/16/2019 at 6:52 AM, edekalil said:

Well I ant getting any younger so I figured it would be a whole lot easier to do it this way. I'm sure the rotisserie is made in China but what's not these days, I figure it should be good enough for this little car shell. This should be the quickest and easiest way to get back going on the car. 

I did my wagon up on blocks, and the rotisserie is a "must have" item if I do anything to that extent again.  Money well spent, IMHO..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the adapters drilled and mounted on the front for the rotisserie. The back will have to wait for now. The frame work that holds the bumper brackets is gonna take some improvising due I do not trust bolting strate to it alone. The tabs with holes are kinda thin and so I have a plan for it later. I have some larger thicker washers that I plan to cut or grind a flat edge to rest against the support frame rail when bolted up then weld the flat edge to the frame rail hoping it will basically give it new stronger ears or tabs to bolt to.

IMG-20190924-142326.jpg

Also got all of what needs to be greased up on the rotisserie so it will be ready to go.

IMG-20190923-144427.jpg

Edited by edekalil
On 9/25/2019 at 8:20 AM, thisismatt said:

The bare shell will be fine on the stock bumper mounting locations. I had mine mounted there for literally years, spun in every direction

Good to know I have another week off so if I have some good weather I plan to get it mounted and balanced. 

• 4 weeks later...