520 front overriders

Tony22

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the term overriders and they were available on the 510s. Not common at all. I guess the intended use is to prevent another bumper 'overriding' the bumper and crushing the valance or parking lamps. On the 510 they detract from the over all esthetic by looking like a clunky old lady's car. ?  

• Like 1

I will upload pic when I figure out how too. 

Overiders are factory  pressed steel with rubber inserts 

they look quite neat not anywhere near the size of tube ones in pic 

still can't get photos to upload via photo bucket I'm old and unwise re computer 

I can send to an email if anyone can then transfer to this site 

the 67 520 they are on is all original J15  except ruff respray

• Like 1

bit different too 510 ones, taller above bumpers. now i have pic posting, i will get better photos next ,

if any one is interested.

most 520's that came too Australia, came without pick up bed, they are rare here ,

ute has J15 engine and is standard original 

• Like 1

I have not seen them either.

I searched online and found no 520/521 trucks with over riders, the photo you posted does not show up.

They kind of look strange to me, but the dual headlight 520 looks strange to me also, I have Bob3 to thank for owning a single headlight 520, personally I like the 521 as it has way more room in the engine compartment, more room bigger engine. (insert laugh out loud here)

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

The front bumper may not be for a 520, notice the two bumper bolts mounted vertically in line with the metal reinforcements below the grill. Also, I do not recall seeing a license plate bracket similar to the one mounted on the bumper.

Keith

• Like 1
2 hours ago, zed1 said:

The front bumper may not be for a 520, notice the two bumper bolts mounted vertically in line with the metal reinforcements below the grill. Also, I do not recall seeing a license plate bracket similar to the one mounted on the bumper.

Keith

I have to agree with this....

It almost look like the bumper from the 410 or 411.... this was 1 of many pic I found.... 

Screenshot-20181207-233252-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

They must be a rare accessory if no one else on this forum has ever seen 520 overriders 

1967 520 Australian delivered  

i will ask previous owner if the bumper is original to the "ute". Truck I mean ,

twin headlight in 1967 520  but I can stand corrected 

• Like 1

It appears bumper isn't original too truck . Old farmer Joe must have bent the original and replaced it ,the brackets just look like a farmer has made his own mounts .They aren't factory looking at all. Who knows what happened on the farm over almost 50 years . But the front panels seem straight and untouched like the rest of the truck .

More than likely bumper was replaced with a 410 bumper. 

Just when you think you have found something rare , 

thanks everyone for there input ,

• Like 1