Just signed up! Wanted to say hello

Hi 

I just signed up and am excited to read!

about 2 weeks ago I found a 1977 B210 coupe. From the original owners wife

paid 800.00 all the original paperwork came with it that’s was cool! It’s an automatic

runs and drives.    Kinda

needs the whole set up soup to nuts

when I turned 16 my uncle gave me his 1980 B210 coupe blue on blue on blue 5 speed I then took my drivers test, passed it,,,,drove home, and totaled it before home

im now 40 and just found my second b210

as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will or maybe a moderator can tell me even if this would be the right spot

sorry give me a couple days to get familiar 

thanks!

• Like 2
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last B-210 was towards the end on 1977 being replaced with the B-310 or better known as the 210 in Jan of '78. I had a new 2dr.'76 B210. Loved that car, it was so much fun to drive. It did not like salty winters. Looking forward to the pictures.

The model year changeover is around June of the previous year. So August '76 is definitely a '77 model. I had a '76 and THAT is most definitely a '77 grill.

Some earlier Datsuns had the purchase date as the year, causing all manner of arguments.

Datsun?

I enjoy having something that is old and from another time when I remember seeing them daily. I don't own a '67 Camaro and my 710 can't be compared to a 2018 Datsun. They are no longer made. In addition you can easily work on them and understand how they work. There is no sensor driven electronics so if something does go wrong it's almost always mechanical. That, I can fix on the side of the road. When driving a Datsun you are much closer to the driving experience. You ARE actually driving or piloting your car. Very connected to it and not insulated by power steering, automatic transmission and soft quiet ride. No 'fly by wire' throttle.

I think my '76 B-210 2 door was $4,600 CDN

Yes

i was so happy when I found this car and then I was so sad when found out it was automatic!

its the first one I’ve seen in person since I was 16 so I had no choice lol

i remember the feel of the blue “ leather” sleeve over the shifter and the blue shifter knob and the 4 ft of play you had in the gear box while in gear lmao maybe that was just mine

talk soon

Automatics are great project cars. It's virtually impossible to abuse an automatic car. It's just too much work with poor results and you soon start driving it like an old lady. So wear and tear is usually minimal and the car just goes on and on.  Standards, on the other hand, often get driven.... hard!

Yes it's a job to convert to standard but the basic platform is solid and in good shape.

18 hours ago, B210foundNY said:

is there a way for me to look up members or cars by location?

im in Ny so maybe see who’s around tristate? Or just shut up and keep reading? Lol

Go to the search function in the top right corner. Beside where it says content search there’s a little pull down so click that and then tap or click member search. When that comes up you can adjust your search query that way. Location is near the bottom of the list. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

Go to the search function in the top right corner. Beside where it says content search there’s a little pull down so click that and then tap or click member search. When that comes up you can adjust your search query that way. Location is near the bottom of the list. 

Tater

thank you