My '79 620 in Jersey

Thegreek

Hey guys...new to the forum. So I bought the 620 2 months ago from someone in Jersey who drove the truck here from Washington state on a rebuilt motor with only 20 miles on it. Dealing with some Weber issues at the moment, but plan on dropping it, minor body work, paint, and basic interior work. 

dw8gec.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So today I changed out my speedometer cable to one off ebay....and now I know how slow I'm going!!!!!!! The original was broken about 2 foot from the speedometer. It also had all kinds of casing over it I guess for heat protection....I tried to slide them off and put on the new one but they wouldnt clear the fittings.2wogni9.jpg23ued7b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OEM refers to the original equipment maker of the part for Nissan. Pretty sure this will not be the case here. Probably says: ' OEM quality' if the pump is built to, or exceeds the same quality standards as the original. The original fuel pump should look like this and be made by Nicco? certainly made in Japan.

s-l1600.jpg

Quite possibly you will get this. I see lots of them on L series.

81eVC7Vm6aL._SX466_.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

OEM refers to the original equipment maker of the part for Nissan. Pretty sure this will not be the case here. Probably says: ' OEM quality' if the pump is built to, or exceeds the same quality standards as the original. The original fuel pump should look like this and be made by Nicco? certainly made in Japan.

s-l1600.jpg

Quite possibly you will get this. I see lots of them on L series.

Absolutely right...and truck seems to run fine....but I do want to maybe rebuild the old pump....says made in Italy..20181222-104548.jpg

20181222-104524.jpg

20181222-104540.jpg

Any ideas if they make a rebuild kit for this one?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...