Anyone know anything about either of these cars on craigslist?

drawks

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/71-datsun-510/6735430431.html < I haven't seen too many ve headed sr builds, but the current owner doesn't know what shop did the engine work.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6731303670.html < This one has been listed for a good long while, but the seller hasn't returned any of my phone calls. His wife(?) responded to my email and told me to call his phone number. Cage looks decent, was curious who did the the cage and body work. Care is listed close to where I live, pretty frustrating not being able to just cruise over and check it out.

At any rate, would be interested to find out anything about either of these cars if they're known around here.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one has a build thread on here somewhere. Lots of money in that car but who knows how it actually drives. Not sure I'd buy a car that has been ran for years with no air cleaners. Just shows the previous owners cared more about looks then taking care of the car.

Second one looks setup but no dash/heater. More of a race car then a street car.

Depends on what your needs are. I doubt either would make a good daily driver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The second car in SF CA with the roll cage.........you MIGHT be able to chop up a stock dash assembly to install AROUND the roll bar tubing, but that could be a tricky project!  The current aftermarket gauge layout looks cool, but I'm a classic style guy, love the stock dash of the 70-73 510's! 

Bigger question is would the stock heater box still fit under that horizontal roll bar tube.....??  Where are you located?  Reason.......if seasonal, you WILL want a heater, let alone a fan for air flow!

Is this the same car that is currently on eBay claiming it is POWDERCOATED black?  Either way, it looks like a decent build...........

TJ

Denver CO