Will 510 adjustable control arms fit a 76' 620 pickup?

lil princess

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The 73-'77 trucks are king pin and bushings. The PL510 uses ball joints. I'm afraid it's apples and oranges.

There are shims on the upper control arm. Adding washers to them would move the top inward. Removing what's there would move the wheel outward but not much. These shims are to adjust camber and caster for a truck at factory height. If raised or lowered it probably won't help much.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, lil princess said:

damn thank you tho this helps what do you  recommend for more camber on the 76 lowered with stock suspension? if I need a new suspension set up what would you recommend 

How far off is the camber, how much more adjustment do you need or want?

I lowered my 521 on king pins and stock suspension a couple inches, and just added a couple shims like Mike mentioned and camber was fine after that.... 

unless your trying to do the whole crazy camber thing you should be able to get it correct with the stock setup and some shims.....

29 minutes ago, lil princess said:

yeah im trying toget more negative camber not positive but thank you I appreciate it and ill try my best to get it right!

I wasnt trying to say anything with the whole crazy camber comment... to each there own... I was more curious how far off you were.... just to clarify neg vs pos.

Screenshot-20181119-144405-Chrome.jpg

I bought these to fit an m12 bolt...

20181119-145412.jpg

Generic alignment shim...

They were .040 thick I found 3 moved my camber about 1degree toward the negative.... 

I used one of these on the outside of the wheel to measure the angle....

Screenshot-20181119-150553-Chrome.jpg

Loosen the 2 bolts that secure the upper control arms to the frame and slide the shims in and tighten back up... recheck the angle.... make sure you still have enough threads going into the frame... 

I pulled just 1 bolt to check the length, dont remove both at the same time for obvious reasons.... goodluck....

Shims can get you all the negative you want but more than you need is bad for handling and tire wear.

Changing the camber will definitely alter the toe alignment. Going toward negative will toe out on a truck. After any camber adjustment re-set the toe.