Rim help !

Datsunmonkey

Hello all great forum ! Im a newbie with these vehicles i have a 70 521 pickup that i am trying to put the 17 inch escalade wheels on i was told by a guy that had them on his 69 521 tgey would work however he said he used 12 by 1.25 lug nuts on his i assumed my truck had the same but found that my truck is 7/16 by 20 question is has anyone encountered this and found a lug nut that has a big enough od thanks i tried the search function and didn't find anything.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to suggest that. Just make sure the Escalade wheels use the standard 60 degree conical seat, and you’ll be all set. The other type is the “ball” style that has a radiused seat. Make sure to get the right one.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will need to select and join a picture hosting site. Usually free and will have lots of options that you can add on and there may be a fee for that, but generally free. Don't select Photobucket they are untrustworthy, but there are dozens of others such as' imgur' and 'image shack'. Your pictures can be stored there and when you want to place in a post here you go to their site and copy the image information bring it here and use the "Insert other media" button in the lower right hand corner. I'm not good at explaining the process but once you get the hang of it it only takes 10-20 seconds to add a picture often much less.

• Like 1

He may have he didnt mention it when i told him what i have but i would also ne interested in doing a disc conversion if there is a late model swap for a 70 521 is it possible to use 80's or 90's hardbody parts ?

• Like 1

There's no easy, direct swap.  Since you're running big rims, there's two other options out there that are much cheaper and easier than mine.  I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.  The info for mine is on my site  www.bluehandsfab.com    If you run the other brake setups, just remember that you'll need to get a bigger spare tire.

• Like 1