Need new batttery for 510 goon project - size?

rosso

My project car didn't have a battery and I'm not sure of size. Original was Group 34?

I will be installing a VG33 V6 and wonder if the full size battery will fit or should I get a smaller size. Anyone BTDT?

This is a wagon and I do not want to move the battery from the front.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thisismatt, thanks for the recommendation for O'Reilly's AGM battery, I will keep it in mind - for now I need to spend as little as possible for a battery until the project is done (in a year or so) and I can budget a new good battery when I am daily driving. Until then - I will have to get a less expensive option just to have juice in the car for wiring, troubleshooting etc.(Walmart $49.88)

Here's where I am at now...

45884687201_2c2d60dd01_z.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever had an AGM battery but looks like the way to go.

And since I am doing a VG33 swap, I don't want to spend a lot on a really good battery now only to find it won't fit later.☹️

It's also a wagon so I want to keep the battery in the stock location rather than relocate to the rear and inside the car.

• Like 1

I buy used batteries for my project vehicles.  I also keep a battery maintenance charger on it to help keep the used battery charged between work sessions.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/automotive-rv-and-marine/batteries-and-booster-cables/automotive-battery-chargers/80525?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6ZGqm5ve3gIVtBx9Ch0hGAhjEAQYFiABEgK0c_D_BwE

Edited by Charlie69