Too many 320NLs

zeke5551

Just wanted to get some input. I just picked up my second 64 320NL yesterday and was wondering what to do with the left over one. I definitely do not want to build both of them. They are both pretty solid central California cars, needing very little rust repair or body work. I plan on using a B210 A14 engine or a Suzuki Sidekick 1600 engine with a 5 speed. I have both and they're both in run as condition. The only I would prefer to run the A14, but cannot find a 5 speed. My question has to do with the second one. I have enough original parts to put together an totally original NL or I have a couple buildible A14s and an automatic trans. My question is where is the best value on the second truck? I basically will put the drive train parts in the bed and sell it. Any thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun people are cheap and these 320s do not have a lot of aftermarket support so they are not that popular, I see them for sale around here for a quite a bit of money and they do not sell(L320s), they are on craigslist for months/years, if you sell it cheap it will sell, but you can likely get more parting it out as the taillight assemblies are worth a lot of money if in good condition, I know someone down there/here on Ratsun looking for NL320 doors.

A complete NL320 sold for $1500.00 in Oregon as I recall and it did not run, but they got it running with a lot of work.

I would give you $300.00 for a straight NL320 rear bumper, also a straight NL320 rear tailgate is worth quite a bit of money also.

If they don't run and drive under the own power your not going to get a lot for it, I sold one several years ago with floorboard rust issues and a WA title in my name for $1000.00, I took a loss, but I was hoping it went to a good home, but it is not on the road yet either.

• Like 1

Put it in the classifieds with a few good photos. Everybody who's an ol' Datsun pickup nut wants one. Me, I want a dozen.

Price it high; with 'Or Best Offer' option. See what the market will stand. You'll get more exposure to people who can help you establish 'Market Value' here.

These old Datsuns are usually too far away to justify transport at the asking price or too expensive for what is there to work with. 

At any rate, I'd love to see some pics.

• Like 2

Yup, very nice tail lites, great floor boards, good title on ca non-op, bumpers and inside bed a little rough. I will bring all the loose parts together. I will include the stock motor/trans and a good A14 core. The only real thing missing is the side molding and bench seat. I'll get some picks together, but it will take me a week or so. I'm thinking a firm $2,500? I know what you mean about seeing NLs in Craigslist for months. I live in the Fresno, CA area...pretty much a desert, so if I don't sell it, it will get covered up and stored. I have bought many no rust projects down here. It's usually worth the drive from Oregon or Washington. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted, thanks Zeke

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

It took a year to find the perfect buyer for my very nice NL320, but I got good money for it; Craigslist/word of mouth, no less!  Also CL for my black project NL, not bad money for a rusty builder -- so ... market may be getting more solid.  

I'm out of NL's,  but have a very sad L320 body/bed that's going on a custom chassis (too much trouble to mod the original; track so narrow!) to be a Datsun 320 Roadster Pickup.  Lengthening the roofless cab ten inches, shortening the bed front equal, and bobbing the rear bed.  Who can fit in a stock 320, besides a Geisha?  Some fun, but slow going for almost 74 years old.

I still have the five NL side trim s/s pieces (not driver's door; long lost when I pulled it from dismantlers in early 2000's; make offer?

Wick Humble

• Like 1