jamesreese

New Member - old story

Not much of a Datsun story yet. I really wanted a 510 coupe in 1972 but never could really afford one with college looming. So now after building my 1970.5 600hp Falcon and finally nearly finished with my 1969 Mustang I have started looking to realize that long ago dream. I sold my 70 cyclone, 63 Falcon convertible, 65 Ranchero, both 85 Broncos and have decided a 72-74 620 longed pickup is what I would like to find. Just started looking and would like to find something workable in the missouri/kansas/iowa area after the new year. New to Datsuns since I have been working on and owning Fords for a while. So I am trying to learn about these trucks to make a good one follow me home.

Longed pickup? Longbed?  Only the '75 -'79 came in regular cab long wheelbase. The '78-'79 regular cab long wheelbase have the preferred front disc brakes rather than the 4 wheel drum brakes. They also use ball joint steering rather than the old king pins, have internally regulated alternators, electronic ignitions and have a 5 speed optional transmission.... and more.

Sorry my typing skills are not always 100%. Longbed is correct. Thanks for the information, 78-79 seems like the best choice. Longbed regular cab with the disc brakes seems like a good choice. 

I'm just above hunt & peck myself. From '75 on there is also a larger L20B 2 liter engine.