Not quite a Ratsun...

I've been looking around this site for a little while, and figured I'd join. This place looks like an excellent place to find information on some of the problems I have with my car.... good old body rot and the finicky Hitachi carb.

My car doesn't exactly qualify as a Ratsun; it's a 1986 Pulsar NX. The early models did carry the Datsun name, and mine does fit the "rat" description, so I hope you'll understand...

pulsar.jpg

Most of the time, it's just cheap transportation, but it's also a fun little car to drive. It only has the E16s engine, not the E15ET like some had (I wish).

I've had this car for just over a year now... I bought it off my friend for $350. The biggest job I've done on it so far was an auto to manual transmission swap this past summer. There is always something that needs doing with this car, and a vehicle like this is an way to learn how to fix things.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh , the old N12 , i have had a couple of theses , and the ET hatch too ..

Your model is called an EXA here , me mate put a hi flowed VG30 turbo on one and fried the rings on the dyno ....:lol:

you will probably find a lot of info on N12turbo.com too ..

Cheers

I would love to see more pics. Never heard of a pulsar so i think they were never imported to finland...

After googleing i see that sunny GTR was named pulsar there...interesting

No wait...every sunny is a pulsar in america???

Edited by Tompsukka

The EXA/Pulsar NX was only sold in N. America, Australia and Japan, from what I've seen. I've seen n12turbo.com, haven't joined them, since they're devoted to the turbo N12s... I'm on the nissanexa.com forums, which is a great place if you drive an N12, N13 or B13.

whats the blue cable? security system?

That blue cable is for my block heater... I have been able to start my car at -32c without the heater (yay Nissan engines), but it's a lot happier if it's plugged in. You may be onto something with the chain to a tree though... my security so far has been "nobody's gonna want to steal it":lol:

• 3 weeks later...