sanyantho

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

alway take pho before removing a aprt as soem could be clocked wrong from the box.

All L series Distributor will work but with the right bedastal and timming plate attached to the distributor.

Thanks Hainz,

Unfortunately I abandoned this project 2 years ago and misplaced the distributior as well as the pedestal. 

After watching your videos several times. I finally got the head cylinder and timing belt change. Everything is put together and ready for a test run. 

I have a question, should I plug the pipe that protruding out the left side of my engine block and goes to the smog system? Since I removed the smog unit already. If so, what’s the best way to plug ?

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

The block vent should never be blocked and it should remain connected to the PCV valve. The whole point of the PCV is to remove crank case fumes and moisture. Without it you will have to change the oil more often and your engine will not last as long.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The block vent should never be blocked and it should remain connected to the PCV valve. The whole point of the PCV is to remove crank case fumes and moisture. Without it you will have to change the oil more often and your engine will not last as long.

Thanks Mike 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

since you got a 74 I assume you could just find a point dist set up from a guy who has a stack of them and run that. untill you put a electric one in

I been looking everywhere online and I can’t find anyone selling the pedestal. Any members happen to have an extra one laying around? ?

• Like 1

As long as you can....

Bolt it down and the vacuum advance isn't into the rad hose.

and

Is range adjustable for timing under any of the plug wires...

...you can set the spindle to anywhere that will work and move the plug wires around on the cap. 

Ideally you want the 11:28 set up but as long as you can set the timing it doesn't really matter. This is just a handy agreed upon factory setting for positioning or checking the position of the spindle when trouble shooting. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

As long as you can....

Bolt it down and the vacuum advance isn't into the rad hose.

and

Is range adjustable for timing under any of the plug wires...

...you can set the spindle to anywhere that will work and move the plug wires around on the cap. 

Ideally you want the 11:28 set up but as long as you can set the timing it doesn't really matter. This is just a handy agreed upon factory setting for positioning or checking the position of the spindle when trouble shooting. 

Good to know ? thanks Mike!