which gaskets kit ?

oukippy

Hello,

My wife will travel to CA in November. I'm thinking about make her buy a complete gasket kit for my 620 as it's not very expensive nor heavy.

Am I correct to say that I need the following ones:

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1972-1979/engine-(l20b)/engine-gasket-kit/1

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1972-1979/engine-(l20b)/engine-gasket-kit/1#2

I was also thinking about buying a magnetic oil drain plug. Is it specific to the L20B or are they generic ones ?

Any other gasket or rubbers I should consider buying ? Of course I'm not sure I need them now but it will be easier to buy now and install later, especially when it's cheaper and easier to find in USA.

Thank you !

Oukippy

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I bought a complete gasket set it was under $70 CDN.  A 'rebuild' will also require rod and main bearings. If the bores are oval or tapered the block will need to be bored to an over size and the pistons/rings replaced with an over size set. If you decide to just hone and replace only the rings get the cheaper, softer cast iron ones. They will seat faster and seal a non perfect cylinder than harder chrome ones.  A timing chain set (chain, guides and sprockets) is probably advisable. The head may need re-conditioning with new seats and guides.