‘79 620 brake bleed with NLSV procedure ???

ethree0

After searching for a bit I found a couple different procedures when bleeding brakes with the nlsv. Both were for earlier models with drums on all four. Of course, I have the factory discs up front. 

Whats the procedure for the ‘78 and ‘79 with the NLSV? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mklotz70 said:

I can't think of any reason it would change.  Use the same process and sequence and it should work.  It's still hydraulics. It's still fluid pushing a piston in a cylinder....just a different shape.

Well here’s my situation. Which is correct? 

Master front 

Master rear
Front brakes
NLSV front
Rear brakes (left 1st)
NLSV rear
NLSV center

or...

Master cylinder
NLSV front 
front brakes
rear brakes (left first)
NLSV rear
NLSV center

Sorry....I'm not familiar at all with the NLSV setup.  On some vehicles, the dual reservoir has one rear and one front brake.....that makes it a bit weird, but if yours is separated both fronts on the front circuit of the m/c and both rears on the rear circuit, it's much easier.  I'm guessing the challenge here is that the NLSV has both front and rear going to it?  You will probably have to go through the procedure at least twice.  I typically bleed the back of the m/c first, since it's "pressure" is what compresses the front circuit.  Typically you start at the farthest away from the m/c.....that' line length, so if the brake line crosses the vehicle, it may not be the back right that's the furthest away.  It looks like they want you to bleed the fronts since that is what regulates the rear.  The circuits shouldn't actually share any fluid, so you can bleed the fronts before the rear, just make sure to start with the longest brake line.  

Hopefully, someone else with some experience will chime in.  I was simply pointing out that the discs shouldn't change anything from the drum procedure.....but I don't actually know what the procedure is.  Good luck.