4x4 Demon

Weber 32/36 choke problems

I have a Weber 32/36 on my 720 with a Z24. Someone in the last 34 years installed it and they didn't do that great of a job with the choke. It has the manual choke and it moves freely the problem is the choke cable and how it was installed. It snakes from right next to the drivers side door through the dash and then just magically come out of the fire wall besides the valve cover. it is rusted and seized and far to short. i want to covert is to electric choke to make working it easier but I'm not sure if I can. Any help would be amazing

It would be easier just to get  new choke cable, You can then run it where you want to

• Like 1

the pull choke is better in my opinion.

Just get a Generic pull choke cable kit.  you can shorten it . pull out cable and smear some anitseize on it and rehook it up to get it exactly what you want.

34years ago its a old carb also. if runs fine keep it. But maybe time a new one is in the near future. they are cheap

• Like 1

run a new choke cable less hassle

buy a good quality one and your problem is solved  

Jumping on this thread with a choke adjustment question:

my L20b (automatic) with a Weber starts right up and the fast idle keeps it going.  But, when the fast idle cuts out due to my touching the gas pedal, rhe truck’s idle drops and almost almost stalls. Then after a few minutes more warming up while driving, it rises to a decent 900ish  (in gear).  I have a feeling that the choke is opening too soon.  Inspecting the choke when cold shows me that it is almost closed (as suggested in the literature). Would rotating it help this problem?as it is now , I almost drive it like a manual by slipping it into  neutral ,to keep the rpms up until it is sufficiently warm to avoid stalling.

BTW, fuel lines are clear, air filter is clean (though not oiled), valves appropriately adjusted, timing seems correct, battery is strong, etc

ideas..?

j

First thing I would do is adjust the choke toward richer. This will extend the time it takes to warm up and turn off. Just an eighth of an inch at a time. Come summer again you may have to turn it back the other way.

• Like 1

I’m going out there and do this as soon as the sun comes up. Thanks as always.

• Like 1