New to me 620

Justin620datsun

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so what you need to do to post photos is click on the photo, then click on the "share" icon, then pick the "hotlink for forums" choice, then right click in the reply field and "paste", the photo should show in the reply when submitted.

It was easy enough for us to grab the link for you with the link you supplied, I went right there and had everything needed to post your photos just like Mike did.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Justin620datsun said:

Door jam says 2/21/79

The fender emblems are slightly wrong and there is a hole on the passenger side A pillar for the radio antenna. Should be on the left side. Or maybe it isn't a hole.

1 hour ago, ]2eDeYe said:

That is a real nice specimen, love it. ?

It is.

Heavy Duty (I think) was only on the long bed trucks, and would have some of the suspension parts that came on the Camper option. Different rear leaf springs and it retained the front sway bar that was dropped from use after '77 on the disc brake trucks. It might have the air conditioning rad and water pump/clutch fan (but I can't fine any reference to this)

And the decals.

Earlier, DATSUN1600  '74  on just DATSUN. Usually the '79 say DATSUNby NISAN  This was to start getting people used to the Nissan name change coming in '82. On a vehicle this old it wouldn't be impossible to have changed rusted out or damaged front fenders, in fact the entire cab could have been. The Heavy Duty decal is a '79 item though

The '79 was the only 620 to have the antenna mounted on the driver's side A pillar.

The fuel pump is mechanical and mounted on the head near the #1 spark plug... you can see the delete cover. Electric pumps were used on '79 air condition or camper trucks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Justin620datsun said:

Ok I knew mechanical fuel pump was there. So do I have an aftermarket electric fuel pump? Or did someone swap one in? Or is the factory block off plate from the factory? 

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Electric pumps were used on '79 air condition or camper trucks.

• Like 1