Datsun Camper

Sprouser

I am curious about a camper i spotted locally. TBH I am not familiar with Datsuns, I am a Toyota guy.

I know these campers fit on Tacoma’s too, hence my interest.

Is there any value in the Datsun? 

I am scheduled to look at it on Friday, what should I look for and what questions should I ask?

If I buy the outfit I would be looking to sell the truck portion.

The rig in question is identical to that shown at http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/4374-slide-in-sunradrer/

Roughly 80k on it and presumably rust free and good condition.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mileage is probably correct although the odometer only goes to 99,999 before zero-ing again. Could have 180,000 but probably not. There was a camper option in the late 70s that included some special options like differential gears, rad etc. Conversion companies would buy them without the box, known as a Cab/Chassis option and add the camper. The vehicle ID tag will start with E as in EHL 620 TU... although again someone may have put this on from another truck. Cab/Chassis only came with 4 speeds. What's it worth? Depends if running, it doesn't have the box, year?

Definitly place it here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/5-datsun-vehicles/  ... someone may want it for a parts truck.

• Like 1

Thanks datzenmike.

I would be selling off the truck complete with the box (the camper is a slide in style unit). I think they also made these as an attached unit, basically a motorhome complete with a pass through to the cab. With this outfit, the camper is removed leaving an unscathed truck.

Seems to me that hat a single cab dually with a nice bed on it wasn’t a real common thing but again I don’t know anything about these trucks.

Ill post up some more info and some photos once I take a look at it.

• Like 1