1981 210 wheel specs? looking for new ones, need help.

zacc

heyo! just a few quick questions, i have an 81 210 and i was trying to find some new wheels for her, something cheap and simple but i’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to that stuff. i don’t know what will and won’t fit, and i don’t want to buy something only to find that they don’t work cause i’ll cry. if anyone either knows the spec for the wheels on my car, or has a nice set they bought and recommend lemme know! working on posting pictures still, i’ll try to get one up asap. ?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rim width is 4 1/2 and there were optional 5" rims with 13" tires. Might be advantageous to get a 4 lug 14" rim for more tire options. You can get a 14" tire that is the same diameter as the stock 13" and wider if you like. Sorry I don't know the tire size or the back spacing. Back spacing is what determines the position of the rim inward or outward on the car. Obviously if it sticks out too far the fender will come down on it on bumps and too far in may hit the steering or suspension.

The tire and rim size should be in the owners manual found in the glove box. Back space can be measured by removing a rim and placing a straight edge across the inside edges and measuring down to the mounting surface. For example if the rim is 4 1/2" wide and you measure 2 1/4" down then the rim is centered 1/2 way or zero off set, or back space..

• Like 1