No crank help

Zeek90

Hey guys, its been a while since i got my b210 runing its been sitting for  a lil less than 2 years, so now im decing to turn it on. before i left it in my garage to sit I disconnected the battery . Now I have the battery charging, i had it charging for a while it cranked once an turned over And after that no crank at all. Lights turn on and signal lights an radio works too but no crank at all after that one time. What could be the problem?  Is the starter bad? Thanks for the help i really want my b210 running again ?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find the small start signal wire from the ignition switch that fits on the spade terminal on the solenoid. Pull it off and jumper 12 volts from the battery to the terminal. MAKE SURE THE TRANS IS OUT OF GEAR!!! This is the signal that tells the solenoid to connect the larger positive battery cable to the windings on the motor. (yes electric motors are called motors, gas engines are engines not motors) If the solenoid clicks and the starter turns the problem is in the ignition switch. If, again, nothing happens then the solenoid may be bad. If it clicks but doesn't turn then the motor has problems.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:59 PM, tr8er said:

Could be a bald spot on your starter motor.  Rap the starter with a hammer or I've turned the crank a bit to find it cranks again.  Not certain why that last one works, but it does for me.  

I tapped it with a hammer and nothing. I think the start is just done for. thanks for the help

On 10/16/2018 at 4:29 PM, datzenmike said:

Find the small start signal wire from the ignition switch that fits on the spade terminal on the solenoid. Pull it off and jumper 12 volts from the battery to the terminal. MAKE SURE THE TRANS IS OUT OF GEAR!!! This is the signal that tells the solenoid to connect the larger positive battery cable to the windings on the motor. (yes electric motors are called motors, gas engines are engines not motors) If the solenoid clicks and the starter turns the problem is in the ignition switch. If, again, nothing happens then the solenoid may be bad. If it clicks but doesn't turn then the motor has problems.

Ima have to jack the car up an do this then. I hope it aint the ignition switch, gonna be hard to find a replacement. Thanks for the help ?

You kinda have to be careful when trying this, I use a large regular spade type screwdriver, I touch the end of the screwdriver to the post with the cable to the post that supplies the motor with power, if it turns over then the starter is likely good.

I would first make sure the engine is free to turn, can you turn the engine at all by hand, I had a 720 that I hit the starter and it did the same thing you described, it turned over briefly meaning maybe a turn, I could not get it to turn over again, I finally got it loose by turning it backwards but it jammed again, it turned out that water had gotten into one of the cylinders and rusted it so bad that the piston could not get past the rust, I owner said it had been under cover since parked, but I believe that water had pooled on top of the air filter housing and it had leaked thru the hole in the center that held the top of the air filter housing on with a wingnut.

Also even though it appears that the battery is charging, that doesn't mean it has the power to crank the engine over for very long, it can just make a pitiful half turn and run out of power, try a known good battery or better yet a new one.

You also could remove the starter and test it on the ground, if it runs on the ground and after you re-install it and it does the same thing(will not turn the engine), then I would say the engine is jammed up, remove the spark plugs and look inside if you can, they also have small camera lights that will fit thru the spark plug holes.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 10/16/2018 at 4:29 PM, datzenmike said:

That was the problem the wire that connects to the starter solenoid was loose an not making a good connection i guess. Easy fix. Another issue i discovered was that my fuel pump was stuck. I wasn’t getting enough fuel to stay on. Took of the fuel pump an sure, it was stuck. Thanks for the help everyone