Turbo 720

4x4 Demon

It's been just under a year since I got my 1984 720 4x4. When I picked it up it had 500,000 thousand miles on it with a new engine and I drove it home with no heater 75 miles in a snow storm. I love this truck and I've done alot of work on it in this past year. My only problem with it is that I live a mile above sea level and all of the trails in my area take me to 7000 ft and some to 10000 ft. Carburators don't handle well on steep high altitude terrain like this. I have looked into turbo charging it but I'm not sure how much boost I should run or what method I should use to turbo charge it. Blow through is what  thinking of doing and I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to modify a Weber 32/36 to blow through.

Edited by 4x4 Demon
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, check out www.turbodatsun.com 

Just a note on that setup though as I run the same turbo manifold on my Z20E 720, you will probably need a smaller brake booster so the downpipe don't interfere with it. I run a B12/N13 one. I also shortened the pedestall it mounts on to get even more clearance.

• Like 1

Nevada 720 should come with a high altitude carb just like areas of California. Basically you can run smaller jets but no mater what you do the power will be less. 

About 5 PSI boost should give you sea level performance @ 10,000 ft..

• Like 1