Larz Anderson Auto Museum Japanese Day - Boston MA 10/6/19

demo243

**** updated for 2019 dates ****

Never started a thread for this... But saw a ton a Datsuns there, and recognized a few-

31449992328_edf24e39e7_z.jpgDSC_0737 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

45275087972_37746d909d_z.jpgDSC_0740 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

44601338484_45fdae0830_z.jpgDSC_0744 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

43508787490_af6021a182_z.jpgDSC_0758 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

31449951638_bab13b120f_z.jpgDSC_0772 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

43508759210_bc288e9a0f_z.jpgDSC_0782 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

45324258141_1855af29ab_z.jpgDSC_0788 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

43508731490_0a367a38cd_z.jpgDSC_0800 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

43508713550_bdf0f56f30_z.jpgDSC_0815 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Stuck as fuck.... always laugh at this stuff... but give em props for driving a car so low static...

30384093617_1c75c19897_z.jpgDSC_0826 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

30384055537_03f810b2a7_z.jpgDSC_0862 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

44601091794_d74b055723_z.jpgDSC_0868 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

45324048491_51e678222e_z.jpgDSC_0885 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

44601049014_5ea85ac3e3_z.jpgDSC_0892 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Edited by demo243
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Screenshot-20190919-164545-Google.jpg

I figured I'd add this here instead of in a build thread.....

If anyone wants to meet up before the show to caravan in so we can have a row of datsuns let me know... I'm trying to figure out the best place to meet and what time..

Let me know if you have suggestions too ...

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Screenshot-20190919-164545-Google.jpg

I figured I'd add this here instead of in a build thread.....

If anyone wants to meet up before the show to caravan in so we can have a row of datsuns let me know... I'm trying to figure out the best place to meet and what time..

Let me know if you have suggestions too ...

I was looking earlier today. It's not terribly far out of the way to meet out by the intersection of 95 and route 2 or 3. I think I saw a Starbucks out by rt 3.

Or we find something closer to the the museum and meet there

12 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I'm all registered....

I dont know the area so as long as it works for anyone else, that Starbucks is fine by me, I'll be coming down rt2 to 95.... 

I'll register this week

I figured you would be coming down 2 and it looked a pretty easy spot for me to get to. Just a few more exits down 95

So I figure this is relevant too...

What time should we meet?

I think the show says 10, but I also saw 930... maybe that's when they open the gates to park the cars.... 

So with that said, not sure if this is the place you were thinking demo, but I think it's the best.... tons of parking....

Starbucks

12 market Pl dr. 

Waltham ma..

You, me and Santiago would have a 45 to 50 minute ride to the Starbucks and then it's a 25-30 minute ride to the Lars Anderson museum....

In my opinion I say we meet around 830-845 and plan on leaving Starbucks by 9 to be there for 930..... 

Rt 2 in Waltham works great for me. I used to live near there in Watertown. I suggest leaving Waltham and heading towards Newton to get there via backroads.

Getting to the show earlier is better, or else you get put in the lower lawn with all the Subarus 🙄 I usually try parking next to other old stuff like the roadsters or 240Z’s.

Edited by mainer311
32 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

Rt 2 in Waltham works great for me. I used to live near there in Watertown. I suggest leaving Waltham and heading towards Newton to get there via backroads.

Getting to the show earlier is better, or else you get put in the lower lawn with all the Subarus 🙄 I usually try parking next to other old stuff like the roadsters or 240Z’s.

Do you know when they start letting you park?

And the location is sort of near route 2....

Screenshot-20190924-140401-Maps.jpg

It would take us 35 40 minutes to get to the show with back roads..... 

Should we try to meet closer?

Opinions on when to meet up?

I drive right through there to get to the show every year. Could do that as well. It’s up to the other guys though. I’m fairly flexible as long as it’s not big time highway.

I strongly suggest getting there at 9:30.

Edited by mainer311

I think this new spot might work better, closer to the show and it looks like we would all have to go past it anyhow.... just get your coffees first..... 

So maybe meet 845 - 9

Plan to head towards the show by 915... 

That should put us at the gates just before 930.....

Let me know if everyone like this idea... also should we get together and to the show 15 minute sooner or do the time work?

3 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I think this new spot might work better, closer to the show and it looks like we would all have to go past it anyhow.... just get your coffees first..... 

So maybe meet 845 - 9

Plan to head towards the show by 915... 

That should put us at the gates just before 930.....

Let me know if everyone like this idea... also should we get together and to the show 15 minute sooner or do the time work?

Sounds good to me! 

Still need to register... maybe ill do that right now. 

There is a slight chance I'll be in the truck.. but more then likely the 510... just depends on how this weekend goes and if I can get to the DMV next weekend... which is unlikely. 

7 hours ago, demo243 said:

Sounds good to me! 

Still need to register... maybe ill do that right now. 

There is a slight chance I'll be in the truck.. but more then likely the 510... just depends on how this weekend goes and if I can get to the DMV next weekend... which is unlikely. 

I'm hoping for the truck but obviously the 510 will be just as good to see ....

Registered! Put the 510 down as my vehicle

We'll see how the truck goes... hopefully picking up the driveshaft tomorrow AM, and finishing the dash harness tonight. Even if I get it running this weekend though... its the alignment, exhaust and registration that will be the hard stuff to squeeze in next week. 

• Like 1

Whatever works for me - but I do like the idea of getting coffee before hand... can't remember if they had some for sale at the show or not....  I can always stop somewhere else on my way in though if we meet by Davios.

Looking at the starbucks thats close to Larz Anderson - I agree with crashtest that parking lot is small and could be a bit tight depending on how busy it is. 

With what Mainer said I think we should get there early... last time I went to cars and coffee there I barely made it in and got stuck down on the hill... yea it took three tries to get up to my parking spot hahahaha.... 

Hey demo there are 2 Starbucks really close to that location.... 1 just across the street in the cheese cake factory parking lot.....

Screenshot-20190929-174816-Maps.jpg

Do we wanna stick with the hammond pond trail entrance or we should meet in the parking lot next to the cheese cake factory and Starbucks......

Also I'm thinking we should plan on meeting between 830 and 9 and leaving shortly after 9 to head to the show.... 

1 hour ago, Crashtd420 said:

Hey demo there are 2 Starbucks really close to that location.... 1 just across the street in the cheese cake factory parking lot.....

Screenshot-20190929-174816-Maps.jpg

Do we wanna stick with the hammond pond trail entrance or we should meet in the parking lot next to the cheese cake factory and Starbucks......

Also I'm thinking we should plan on meeting between 830 and 9 and leaving shortly after 9 to head to the show.... 

There are actually 3.... hahaha... another stand alone one across the street from cheese cake factory --- 210 Boylston St #13, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 ---

I say we meet here  -- 210 Boylston St #13, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 -- should be plenty of parking and easy off/on from 9 east. Option 2 would be hammond pond trail and I'll just hit the starbucks ahead of time.

Looks like i'll be in the 510... spent the weekend working.... errr dealing with the wiring on the truck and it definitely won't be ready.More on that in my truck thread...

• Like 1