720 King Cab rear window seal?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They most certainly are different. For KC the Nissan part number is 79710-12W00 and 79710-11W00 for '85 and up. Best way toi get one is to look through wrecking yards. Unless from the factory they are not made or very poor quality from overseas.

Don't you have the original one? They are reusable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

They most certainly are different. For KC the Nissan part number is 79710-12W00 and 79710-11W00 for '85 and up. Best way toi get one is to look through wrecking yards. Unless from the factory they are not made or very poor quality from overseas.

Don't you have the original one? They are reusable.

Thank you very much. Been lerking on here for a bit and this is my first post. But yeah looks like the difference between standard and KC seals is about $100! And yep gonna try the one I have currently. It might be fine still. 

This kid I got it from molested the crap out of the truck so of course there is some random window shoved in there. Also rattle canned it! Surprisingly did a great job though lol. Will make a build once I get some pictures of her.

• Like 1

Use a Windex spray bottle with soapy water in it and some help. The glass will flex slightly but don't push your luck. ? This video gives a fair example of how to. They don't use any lubricant probably because a new rubber that is very flexible, but I advise water and liquid detergent applied liberally to the rubber channel and cord and the metal. I've done a rear and front 620 before.

Take your time!  "Haste makes waste"

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

My window got smashed out of my truck somehow and my old rubber is a bit dry and the corners are all cracked out I can maybe reuse it but do I have any hope finding one overseas that actually fits mine is original 40 years old and has been in the sun its whole life. Should I try it? Or is there one online somewhere that would work?