Hot LZ23

Bastard_510

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

92mm stroke FPS limit is around 6,500 RPMs on stock rods and fasteners.

No one is using stock parts here so 4,000fpm can go out the door along with honing small ends of stock rods with a wheel cylinder hone. 

i got a lot done today. I’ll be able to put the valve train together. I’m still missing the modified tensioner. I made a cross member for the ka trans since it sits 3” farther back. I need to make a set of plugs for the head oil gallery and it will be ready to drop in. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, scooter said:

tire death imminent 😄

Close. It spins 1st and 2nd from a roll. I got too scared to grab third. But it blew the head gasket. Never got hot never went above 150. Got a nice geyser out my over flow on moderate to full throttle. No coolant is being burned.   I wasn’t comfortable with the gasket manufacturers recommendations and i really should have trusted my gut. Anyways I’m talking to a company in Cape Town to get a different gasket. If that works I won’t have to cut the head for rings. I’ve never had a crib death like this but in the back of my mind i knew it was a possibility. 

im mad but the plan was to pull the engine anyways to install the new tensioner after break in. 
edit: i drove it about 40miles to the shop to block check it and it passed with no load on the engine. I need to tune for part throttle and set the floats a little better. I knew something was up when i was breaking it in and i couldnt purge the air out of the cooling system. WOT cause so much pressure in the cylinder it was able to leak into a coolant hole but I wouldn’t leak under vacuum and burn. pulling the head tomorrow. Max timing so far is 25 no ping 

Edited by Bastard_510
1 hour ago, scooter said:

ive had good luck so far with the kameari MLS one, they are 200 usd and if you e-mail them what you want with the pn out of their catalog youll have it in less than a week.

I don’t have the surface finish for mls and i don’t really want it. 

the ics titans are pretty sweet. did you split it to see where it was leaking? even with a fel pro it shouldnt like in an NA application. if it was air locked it probably burnt a hole in the gasket in between 2 and 3. an air lock makes sense. check your gasket for matching under the exhaust ports between 2 and 3 with the deck it can be a little off and can cause an airlock there. 

6 minutes ago, scooter said:

the ics titans are pretty sweet. did you split it to see where it was leaking? even with a fel pro it shouldnt like in an NA application. if it was air locked it probably burnt a hole in the gasket in between 2 and 3. an air lock makes sense. check your gasket for matching under the exhaust ports between 2 and 3 with the deck it can be a little off and can cause an airlock there. 

Tomorrow I’m pulling it apart. It only leaks at about 60-100% throttle...meaning when cylinder pressure is starting to reach max it’s pushing passed the gasket into a coolant hole not another cylinder. No air lock the air in the system is exhaust gas. I had the gasket made with a pattern. It’s good. I don’t like the idea that it didn’t need an o ring but what ever. I had two fucks tell me that and each time i should have ignored them and gone with my gut. If it was leaking or had burned through it would be burning coolant...plugs are black and the chamber is not clean so It has not burned through. I got word back from Cape Town. 4,500R or ~$300 for 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...