B310 rear coilovers

afracer

It looks like its possible a Godspeed/Megan/BC rear coilover setup from a AE86 or 2016-18 Camaro may work on the B310. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racing-EZ-Street-Series-Coilovers-Coils-Kit-for-2016-2017-Chevrolet-Camaro/192209879648?fits=Year%3A2017|Model%3ACamaro&epid=2073675553&hash=item2cc09a0260:g:5fEAAOSwfpVZNx~x

As many of you know, the B310 has separate a coil and shock. Some attempts at coilovers, like Matsuoka, marries them up which puts too much strain on the stock shock mounts and requires welding in reinforcing and such. There are height adjustable bodied shocks available on yahoo japan, but they're going to be over $600 shipped abd don't include coils.

The first solution I've seen and thought about is the AE86, which it has a very similar rear suspension to the B310, top and bottom mounts and length is very close and they've had an adjustable coil spring perch to adjust height, which keeps the coil and shock separate. The only thing I'm unsure of is the stock coil spring diameter is an inch bigger.

The Camaro has very similar shock mounts and dimensions, and the coils look much skinnier than the AE86. If I could get someone to sell a kit without the fronts, I'd give it a shot. Just wanted to share some possibilities.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowering springs can be ok if you short stroke the shocks or have a way to lower the body or shock mounts so you don't lose travel. But with unequal length control arms going too low jacks up that geometry and you'll get axle tramp or bottom the diff out on the bump stops or body. I've driven cars like this and its unsafe and unpredictable when you hit the bump stops during high speed cornering.

I've already got an Addco 200sx S110 1" rear sway bar, kyb gas a just shocks, and springs on my B310 but it needs a bit more work back there. Actually the front needs work the most, but I have to get someone with a lathe and boring bar to turn out the id of some tubing for my front coilover strut conversion to solve that issue. It'll have S13 coilovers and S130Z brakes whenever I can get that done.