Thinking about getting this car

sunny310

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/79-datsun-210-hlb-310-runs/6693789865.html

Thinking about getting this 79 210. Only trouble is I'm in South Dakota and the car is in California. I emailed the guy and he sent me a quote for about $1300 to ship it. Im not able to go get it in person so this is my only option. Anyone know if i can get it shipped for a cheaper rate?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try getting a quote from this guy, I had a inoperable/not running car with no brakes or park brake shipped from NC to Vancouver WA in an enclosed trailer for $1900 with $100.00 tip to the driver, it was late arriving but they hit 3 snow storms between picking it up and delivering it to my house.

William Morden

Plymouth Auto Transport, LLC

o: 877.486.9091 / f: 877.486.9092

c: 954.856.3494 / d: 772.204.0728

www.plymouthautotransport.com

Spend some time googling shipping companies and I'm sure you can find a carrier for $800-$1000 door to door. Less if it's brought to specific pick up and drop off points. The seller is likely marking it up for his effort. 

That said, I DO NOT recommend buying a car sight unseen. Why are there no photographs of the engine bay in the ad. Seriously suspicious. Can he provide video of the car running and driving with a statement of date and time? Can you have someone look at it for you?

4 hours ago, paradime said:

Spend some time googling shipping companies and I'm sure you can find a carrier for $800-$1000 door to door. Less if it's brought to specific pick up and drop off points. The seller is likely marking it up for his effort. 

That said, I DO NOT recommend buying a car sight unseen. Why are there no photographs of the engine bay in the ad. Seriously suspicious. Can he provide video of the car running and driving with a statement of date and time? Can you have someone look at it for you?

Found a few companies that can ship it for a cheaper rate. I understand what u mean about buying a car sight unseen...Im actually looking here in my area too but here in the Dakotas and Minnesota these cars are extremely hard to find...dont know anyone in Cali who can go check it out for me unfortunately. If I could get time off from work I would go see it in person. The ad does have an engine bay pic tho

posted a wtb ad on cl...https://sd.craigslist.org/wan/d/wtbdatsun-210/6704971874.html

Edited by sunny310

Update. I bought the 79. Got in touch with the owner n we made a deal. He sent me a  14 minute long video of the car running and did a walk around. Car is pretty solid. Already arranged for shipping. I’m pretty stoked. Finally back in the Datsun game?????????

• Like 3