• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bob...anything new? :D

What have you been doing all this time?:blink:

LAZY!:lol:

Oh..and by the way...I am the new 1/2 owner of page 8!:cool:

It was part of the new Ratsun bail-out deal...sorry Madness.:)

hi,

um, whatcha doin now?

I think I speak for most everyone when I say;

"WE WANT SOME MORE PICS !!!",

seriously, this project is freakin' awesome, and I can't wait to see it drive!!

thanks

Edited by hessianben
SORRY !

I have not been in my shop for two weeks.:cursing: I have no excuses.

I'm on it.

Bob

It must be weird to have clean hands :D I have a lot of non car buddies, they always comment on how my hands are always dirty :D I made a deal with one of them, after we shook hands, he said couldn't believe how ruff they were, Computer guys :rolleyes:

Get back out there :D

It must be weird to have clean hands :D I have a lot of non car buddies, they always comment on how my hands are always dirty :D I made a deal with one of them, after we shook hands, he said couldn't believe how ruff they were, Computer guys :rolleyes:

Get back out there :D

I bowl on Wednesdays...my game always suffers after a few days of wrenching!

Thats funny Ice, my GF always complains how dirty my hands are. When I used to work catering my boss would always give me shit cause my hands looked like crap. People can't handle real man hands!

Bob, I always look foward to updates from your car. Kinda makes me want to do something similar with a 410/411.

Yeah Duke...Bob's MX520 makes me wanna do the same kinda work on my Simca! I never knew that they had all that bolt on simplicity.

Bob's approach is such a huge collection of well thought out concepts, a clearly studied subject and a well defined end game goal.

This little truck is going to haul more ass than Juan Valdez. :D

I am actually most interested in hearing the exhaust tone! BRRRAAAPPPPAAA!

OK - I'm back in the saddle!

Here are a few I just took - sorry they are a little blurry:o

Arietoolboxandmx520011.jpg

Arietoolboxandmx520007.jpg

Arietoolboxandmx520008.jpg

Arietoolboxandmx520009.jpg

Arietoolboxandmx520006.jpg

Arietoolboxandmx520012.jpg

That's it for now. I need to go figure out the fire wall! :eek:

I got the drivers side firewall in today!

I test fitted the Miata brake master cylinder, the brake and gas pedals and steering column. It looks like it will all work out good.

Now that I am to this point I can figure out the steering rack. Then I'll install the passenger side of the firewall.

Then . . . . . :confused:

Here are a few pics! :thumbup::w00t:

Drivers side firewall from Miata ready for it's new homeMX5202-8-09001.jpg[/img]

MX5202-8-09006.jpg

MX5202-8-09007.jpg

MX5202-8-09003.jpg

Note that I had to cut the "Lip" behind the master for clearance.

MX5202-8-09004.jpg

Looking good. Are you going to have any dash/center console/heater core clearance issues with the stock tranny Miata tunnel height? Or are you going to cut that down? I only ask because it seems so drastically taller then the stock one.

I wish I had you around when I built my truck! I looked at using a miata suspension but I kept on walkin. That is when I found the supra. How ever it seems your wheels and tires are going to fit real nice. Question? You wouldn't happen to know how to formulate the correct spring wieght for my truck would you? I can't seem to grasp the lbs per inch thing. I think I need to work on tucking my front K-member a little more up into the rails. If I can be of any assistance just let me know!

1971Datsupra: I wish I had you around when I built my truck! Question? You wouldn't happen to know how to formulate the correct spring wieght for my truck would you? I can't seem to grasp the lbs per inch thing. I think I need to work on tucking my front K-member a little more up into the rails. If I can be of any assistance just let me know!

We'll need two things. Do you know your corner weights? What is your rear wheel horse power?

I'll give you my best guess!:blink: I checked out your build - - - WOW!

Lets stay in touch.

Nice work Bob! Glad to have you back man! I like the wheels...are they gonna be the long term choice or are you gonna change again....just like most of us do!:D I think that black with that thin red line around the outside would be groovy man!

I just took the 17s off and am running my stockers again. I like that look a lot!

The firewall work looks very nice man!:cool: