Dash Restoration

nikklez

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, nikklez said:

Has anyone got their dashpad restored? I'm located in So Cal and I'm planning to go to Just Dashes to get it done. Thanks for the feedback in advance. 

I don't think there are that many places out there that does dash restoration. Just dashes is the one everyone goes to pretty much because their name is the one that pops up on google. From what I've seen they do good work, but it comes at a cost. Also the complaints I've heard is that their customer service is lacking. If you go there in person that might be a better experience.

If you end up going that route, post up the finished product.

• 2 weeks later...

They did mine.  It was pretty pricey back then, could be very pricey now.  Bring a lot of cash.

They do a nice job, but they called me after having my dashpad for a few days, and tried to nearly double the quoted cost.  I did get it at the quoted cost, but I had to threaten the owner with legal action. 

Get everything in writing with that outfit. 

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1

I went down there with Stanley and showed them what I had. Shit was expensive but it was done right and it fit back in perfectly. I also received a written estimate. I didn't have any problems dealing with anyone. They were all quite nice. Just know that it does take a while. I think they had mine for 3 months but I did get it to them before the holidays of Thanksgiving and Xmas.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, colourbox said:

I went down there with Stanley and showed them what I had. Shit was expensive but it was done right and it fit back in perfectly. I also received a written estimate. I didn't have any problems dealing with anyone. They were all quite nice. Just know that it does take a while. I think they had mine for 3 months but I did get it to them before the holidays of Thanksgiving and Xmas.

When they did mine, the price was on their website.  I called and confirmed the price BEFORE I drove out to the Valley from OC.  They wrote me a ticket with the agreed price on it.  Received the phone call a few days later and the guy causally says the price is going to be about double now.  

Their work was good.  The delivery was timely.  It was a shame that I had to blow an o-ring to get them to honor their written quoted price, though. 

I wouldn't have had a problem if they quoted the higher price in the first place.  The original price was pretty high, but I did agree to it because I knew they did very nice work.

Again, this was my experience.  I'm glad it went smoothly for you. 

Edited by Duncan
On 10/3/2018 at 10:14 PM, afracer said:

My stock one looks brand new,  so I bought a black dash pad cover to protect it ?

Anyone that doesn't have a dash pad cover on their Dash is ridiculous. Because those things are guaranteed to crack! You are very wise person!! ?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm trying to take the dash pad off but I'm struggling to figure out whether there is a hidden screw somewhere. I'm basically stuck from the center vents and on. The driver side was easy to get off however from the center to the passenger side, there has to be something I'm missing. I've removed all the screws that were visible but no budge. Thanks for your help. 

On 9/29/2018 at 4:21 PM, colourbox said:

I had mine done at Just Dashes. It came out pretty good. I was a little disappointed that they couldn't quite match the color of my interior but overall a good job. They'll cut the tax if you pay cash.

WHj66l4.jpg

@colourboxI have the same dash and was wondering how did you get it off? I unscrewed 8 screws from the under side of the dash and it still doesn't want to come off. The driver side can be pulled off but from the center of the dash to the passenger, no budge. Thanks in advance.

http://Dash_zpsxkopq4yz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 8:37 PM, nikklez said:

@colourboxI have the same dash and was wondering how did you get it off? I unscrewed 8 screws from the under side of the dash and it still doesn't want to come off. The driver side can be pulled off but from the center of the dash to the passenger, no budge. Thanks in advance.

http://Dash_zpsxkopq4yz.jpg

It's been so long I honestly don't remember. It was a big ole pain in the booty though. I think it was always something in the middle that was holding it up.  It may have been the vents/hoses keeping you from getting it off. Make sure those are disconnected. Here's a pic of where all the screws should be but it sounds like you got them all.

KClvtoi.png

• Like 1