HEATER CORE ON A 210: WHERE IS IT?

zacc

hey everyone, i’m currently trying to locate the entrance and exit hoses on my 1981 210 and i haven’t had much luck finding em. anyone know where they are? i’m not getting heat and before i replaced the part i’m gonna flush it to see if that helps with anything. any help or tips would be appreciated!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loss of heat can be several things.

The linkage to the lever that opens the heater valve may have come off and the valve is shut. Find the valve, I think on the driver's side. Work the cold<<<<>>>>hot lever and watch it to move the valve.

The linkage to the flap door is off and no air can enter or leave the heater box.

In the cowl under the wipers the fresh air inlet to the heater is blocked with leaves and debris.

The fuse is blown so no fan or electric motor is stuck.

A previous owner may have found that the core leaks and has joined the two heater hoses together in a closed loop in the engine compartment. Not a good idea in the summer as this adds an extra strain on the cooling system..

Heater core is plugged with 'stop leak' pellets. Seen this many times.

Where are they?? I don't know on the A series but (usually) the return from the heater ends up connected to the lower return rad hose near the water pump, so maybe start there and find it and follow backwards to the firewall.

• 2 weeks later...

Distributor side of engine bay on the firewall behind the distributor. You'll see two hoses going into the firewall. One hose leads to the back of the cylinder head, the other wraps around the engine bay to the other side of the engine up front to a tube sticking out the side of the block in front of the carburetor.