Draker's 1970 2 door 510 - "Chuck"

Draker

Chuck is a nice find for sure.  Very straight and perfect place to start or leave as is.  I have two cars with automatic xmissions should yours fail or need something.  I know one works as I moved the car under its own power when I bought it.  The other one is unknown, but I am shortly going to tear that old four door down cause she has gone too far with rust.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This car had pertronix in it previously, but I wanted to swap that out for a matchbox setup I had. So I got to work today swapping that out, installing a reusable silicone valve cover gasket and fixing a leaking coolant hose. I just got it all together and now the factory (white needle) tach is not working. I likely have have a wire in the wrong spot. This had a ballast resistor before and I removed that. I labeled the wires before I swapped it over.

I found this page which I believe is written up by @dgi
http://elfecc.no-ip.info/510/Tachometer/Simplified_Tach_Hookup.htm

I'll take another peak at it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post - I have a tach to install with my VG33 510 wagon swap - so nice to see how the original was connected.

Where did you get the wiring diagram with the *optional equipment section? It is also a bit different than the diagram I have. Any chance you can post or send me the entire disgram so I can compare? Here's the one I have:

40704235303_505ee70553_o.png

14 hours ago, rosso said:

Thanks for the post - I have a tach to install with my VG33 510 wagon swap - so nice to see how the original was connected.

Where did you get the wiring diagram with the *optional equipment section? It is also a bit different than the diagram I have. Any chance you can post or send me the entire disgram so I can compare? Here's the one I have:

I just found it while searching. I don’t have the full diagram.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Installed some 3 point seatbelt planet belts in this car. Previously it only had aftermarket lap belts installed. I'm not looking for attention from the police, and it's a safer. No pics unfortunately.

I also installed a 10" sub and amp. Sounds decent.

Lastly, I just picked up a Subie R160 LSD for $100. Not sure if it'll go in this car or not. Seems like a waste to install it in a car with a 3 speed auto.