Exhausted broke

CBK Lucifer

Hey everybody! I was gonna post some photos of my truck because I’m new to the community but I guess I’ll start it off with an event that just took place. My 77 620 is lowered and I’m used to having lowered vehicles so I’m used to being that guy who snails over speed bumps and dodges every pot hole. Well, this time I didn’t see it coming. I hit the hole, heard a crack and watched my exhaust role away. So I was curious if that is going to cause any trouble. I’ve been wanting my truck to back fire and let me tell you, she backfires and sounds like a motherfucker now but it’s loud as shit. If you guys have suggestions please let me know!

• Like 2
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't hurt the truck to run without a muffler but the needless police attention might. The fines paid could have got you a new 2 1/4" exhaust system. Your girlfriends new boyfriend will hear you coming home five block away and have time to jump out the bedroom window.

It always was backfiring during deceleration but the muffler was doing it's job.

Suggestions? Get a new exhaust bent up at a muffler shop? Run a turbo style 'muffler'.

Noisier <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quieter

Younger <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Older

Noise does not equal power, it's just noise. I like to hear my car 'talk' to me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Won't hurt the truck to run without a muffler but the needless police attention might. The fines paid could have got you a new 2 1/4" exhaust system. Your girlfriends new boyfriend will hear you coming home five block away and have time to jump out the bedroom window.

It always was backfiring during deceleration but the muffler was doing it's job.

Suggestions? Get a new exhaust bent up at a muffler shop? Run a turbo style 'muffler'.

Noisier <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quieter

Younger <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Older

Noise does not equal power, it's just noise. I like to hear my car 'talk' to me. 

It wasn’t muffled before. It was straight piped and that snapped off about an inch or two below the flange 

• Like 1

Cool, but not cool.

You will get sick of it after about a week. So will your neighbors.

No muffler is not a good way to make HP either, so if you care about that, consider having a nice custom exhaust made. Your local muffler shop can make one for under $500. You could also install a cutout if you really want the open pipe thing. If you like loud, go big, like 2.25" or 2.5" pipe. Your motor won't be able to use this extra large pipe without some mods, but it will give you a nice throaty sound, even with a muffler.

I know I may sound old by mentioning this, but if the exhaust is too short, and exits under the truck, you could get serious carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Like 3

As I got older I changed from loud vehicles to quiet vehicles.  I think it is fun to pull up next to this load fast looking car or truck and leave the light a head of them in my quiet piece of shit car or truck while the noisy hot rod is spinning his or her tires and making lots of noise and smoke.  Guess which vehicle gets pulled over?  Exhibition of speed is the ticket here in Phoenix for such a display.

Classification and Penalties

The primary difference between a racing/exhibition of speed ticket and a minor traffic violation is that the former is a class 1 misdemeanor. That means it is a criminal charge, and the consequences of a first offense include, at a minimum, a fine of $250 and 8 points on your license. The potential penalties could include, at a maximum:

• A fine of up to $2,500.
  • Community restitution.
  • Loss of license for up to 90 days.
  • Up to 6 months in jail.

If you were unfortunate to be cited for a second exhibition of speed charge within two years, you are facing a class 6 felony. Obviously, this is a much more serious charge, with potential consequences that reflect that classification. Additional charges can also arise if the exhibition of speed leads to physical injuries.

• Like 2
On 9/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, Charlie69 said:

As I got older I changed from loud vehicles to quiet vehicles.  I think it is fun to pull up next to this load fast looking car or truck and leave the light a head of them in my quiet piece of shit car or truck while the noisy hot rod is spinning his or her tires and making lots of noise and smoke.  Guess which vehicle gets pulled over?  Exhibition of speed is the ticket here in Phoenix for such a display.

I normally commute in a Honda Fit EV. It surely isn't a race car, but being an EV, it has some darn good get up and go - especially from a stop. Both on-ramps to get on the freeway have two lanes that merge into one, and both lanes get the green at the same time. I love getting the jump on otherwise faster cars to be first at the merge point. There have been a number of cars who realize what I'm doing only too late to really power up and pass me. I'm so easily amused with this car. 

• Like 1