Last NEW Datsun design?

Was the S12 200SX in 84 the last new Datsun model? I am about to get one and don't know anything about it. I had no idea it was ever a "Datsun". I thought, like the Sentra before it, that it came out as  Nissan-badged only. Yet here is the car. Basically I am looking for any and all info on this model that anyone cares to share. A quick search of the internet has very little info about it unfortunately.

Also, I haven't been here in a little while. I see its still 1997 around here regarding posting pics. Last time I tried linking pics from Photobucket, but they shut it down. How do photos work here these days? This thing is NICE and I wanted to get opinions on it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The name officially changed in '82/'83 from Datsun to Nissan although several models kept putting DATSUN beside the NISSAN logos. I think the '86 300zx was the last one that did this. The S12 was new in '84 after the S110 200sx '80-'83 but I would call it a Nissan even if they still badged it with a Datsun logo..  

86 huh? Wow. I thought 84 was for sure the last year. I've seen a lot of 84s with Nissan AND Datsun labeling together. I've also had 85s that had no Datsun anywhere. I'm guessing some dealers only carried the Z car and it kind of had its own thing going on?