No idle on 1981 720

The Dude Ranch

Drove my truck to Port Angeles and back to Seattle. Ran great. Got in it 3 weeks later and it wouldnt start. Roll over no combustion. I notice there is no gas in the fuel filter. I have one next to the carb, VW style. I replace the one under the bed. I install a new fuel pump. Can get started, no idle. Can someone show me where the idle jet is?. Pic or drawing. Cheers. Or what else it could be?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing was changed except the fuel pump you shouldn't have to adjust anything else.

Find the idle cut solenoid. Has a red wire to it perhaps with a black covering. Should have 12 volts to it with ignition on. Try turning on off on off on off, you should hear a clicking sound if working. If not working there will be NO fuel allowed into the idle circuit.

Later 720s have the idle mixture set and sealed at the factory, the '80 may be the same otherwise it's the Philips screw to the right of the idle speed screw. Both have small springs on them.