L20B power needs

Ben_upde

3 hours ago, tr8er said:

A couple of coil compressors, an alan  wrench, and 15 minutes and you've got your split collars adjusted.  

And if you really want high performance you can paint the strut tube red and the collar blue.  Maybe some gold Alan screws for 5hp.  

I've got a customer who wanted me to have his new springs powder coated red and his adjusters on brand new Fox coilovers anodized blue, just like the old days. I told him no...

I know, I'm a jerk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On August 21, 2018 at 4:11 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I've got a customer who wanted me to have his new springs powder coated red and his adjusters on brand new Fox coilovers anodized blue, just like the old days. I told him no...

I know, I'm a jerk.

We must have had some close schooling at some juncture.   I'd do exactly that.  

• Like 1

9000-10000 RPM is useless anyways, unless you're building a dedicated race car. 

It's going to need a very special, very large cam to make any usable power that high in the powerband anyways, and the result is going to a really shitty and useless midrange.

I spun LZ up to 7500 RPM a few times, but it was far from the average L. It had a fair sized cam, but still managed to run out of air pretty quickly.

Z20E Block

Z20 Long Rods w/ ACL Rod and Main Bearings
Mahle Pistons (9.5:1 since it was originally meant for boost)

BBC Rod Bolts

ARP Head Studs

NISMO Head Gasket

Nismo Dual Valve Springs

L28 Valves w/ Nismo Aluminum Retainers

A87 Peanut Head (intense porting and head work)

Racer Brown .475 Cam

It was pretty asthmatic, breathing through a Weber 38/38. I had Z-car SU's for it, but never got the opportunity to throw them on. Made 103whp, but had timing issues (started cutting out at the top end)

My 2200 wouldn't make power past 6500 with the DGV, but when I finally got around to installing the dual Mikuni 44's, it woke up and made power all the way up to 8000. No changes other than carburetion.

I never dyno'd it with the DGV, but with the 44's, it made 210hp.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
On 8/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

My 2200 wouldn't make power past 6500 with the DGV, but when I finally got around to installing the dual Mikuni 44's, it woke up and made power all the way up to 8000. No changes other than carburetion.

I never dyno'd it with the DGV, but with the 44's, it made 210hp.

210hp is great. Was that at the wheels? Or on an engine dyno? 

• Like 1