Blinker Troubles

Dartanyon

Okay, I just recently got a 1982 Nissan Datsun 720 2WD pick up. Now I read one of the forms on here about the hazard lights causing issues with blinkers, I tired it out and it worked great. keep in mind im 16 and have barley any knowledge on Nissans. Any how, the left side both front and back blinkers work fine its all good. with the left side the front blinker comes on but no blinking. the back light doesn't turn on at all. Is this an issue with the bulbs or something else, I haven't tried taking them out and replacing them yet.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that problem after an hour of tracing power through the wires. Moved the 4 way switch and away they went. Didn't know it was a common problem till someone else couldn't get their turns working.

I'm guessing the flasher unit is the old load dependent style. They rely on a minimum current load of 2 bulbs, a front and a rear for them to work. If a bulb burns out they will either get much slower, or not flash at all. If you add a trailer (with lights) they flash faster. As the rear bulb does not flash, or light, I would start by replacing it first. 

Hint: every time you go into a wrecking yard scoop a few brake and running light bulbs from the wrecks. Fronts are usually amber.  Also grab a hand full of fuses for your 720. I'm never out of either and don't remember the last time I bought any. They fit perfectly into your pocket. Better wait till winter so you have heavier clothing on.