I'm back in the 411 game - WRL411

reza

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Most of the cheapies are...

It's not about being cheap or expensive, my less than satisfactory review was to help other 411 owners, i would hope after reading, they wouldn't make the same mistake I did by purchasing from jc whitney. My opinion is to use your own original carpet as a templet and do it yourself because there is no other off the shelf alternative to this kit. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Save that Borg Warner M35 transmission and the gear shift hardware and sell later to someone looking to rebuild his or her original.  The steering wheel upper cover with gear shift identification is also a rare part. The WRL and RL engines have an add on socket on the engine block to accommodate the BW shift mechanism.  One of the reasons for the engine ID number to have a "1" first digit. There is also a fitting on the front frame to accept the outboard end of the shift shaft. My M35 has lasted 52 years but I have a complete rebuild kit just in case.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Save that Borg Warner M35 transmission and the gear shift hardware and sell later to someone looking to rebuild his or her original.  The steering wheel upper cover with gear shift identification is also a rare part. The WRL and RL engines have an add on socket on the engine block to accommodate the BW shift mechanism.  One of the reasons for the engine ID number to have a "1" first digit. There is also a fitting on the front frame to accept the outboard end of the shift shaft. My M35 has lasted 52 years but I have a complete rebuild kit just in case.

I gave it to Bananahamock and ted when they came down to buy some windshields from me. I think they were going to give it to someone who needed a spare? 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

@MikeRL411That tranny traveled a good piece to get to where it is now ,, considering car has been dead for many years before it started it's travels,, haha ...  

Maps say almost 9 hour trip.. There is a route that is 1 hour shorter but it was supposed to snow in those passes the day we headed down in Teds van of doom.  And that's not counting it's trip from Yreka CA 

https://goo.gl/maps/r9VyQgHZdMKjfhjF6

/

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1

Still driving it weekly, takes awhile to warm up, runs great around 195-200 degrees I'll be hooking up the chokes this week, Still hunting rare parts, side lamps, radio delete, you know the really important stuff. amazing looking through my post and seeing how far this car has come. 
datsun-411-water-front.jpg
P3022621.jpg
P2212471.jpg
P2222477.jpg
P8211003.jpg

Edited by reza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, MikeRL411 said:

Complete rebuild kits and individual parts are available.  See my posting in NICO Club site.

Also on the NICO site "Arizona Hit Man" has a rebuilt BW M transmission for sale [or at least as of last year].  Has new bands which the rebuild kit lacks [but claims not necessary to change].

11 hours ago, reza said:

Still driving it weekly, takes awhile to warm up, runs great around 195-200 degrees I'll be hooking up the chokes this week, Still hunting rare parts, side lamps, radio delete, you know the really important stuff. amazing looking through my post and seeing how far this car has come. 
datsun-411-water-front.jpg
P3022621.jpg
P2212471.jpg
P2222477.jpg
P8211003.jpg

Now for some porthole wheel covers and it will be perfect !  The Carson CA warehouse used to have many  of them but they were among the first things trashed when Renault got its fingers into the supply chain.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...