reza

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

What's wrong with your hood that you need a new one??  I have a few,  but none are perfect and,,,,,,,,,   i'm 6 hours away. 

Someone repaired the front lip of the hood that was rusted out with tin and rivits then sculpted with bondo. Im decent at bodywork and its not saveable, also if i shut the hood it'll tweak the grille because of how malformed it is. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Oh,, yeah i see it now..  Me and my neighbor one-ear have a few laying around ,, i could go out and take some quick pics in the next few days if you want. 

Thank you, that would be appreciated! parts for these seem to be much more scarce than I remember. I come up to vancouver, washington often enough and driving from there, wouldn't be so bad. 

5 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Did you keep the slushbox around? 

I do, it's waiting on the side of my house, dreaming of finding a new place to call home. 

Edited by reza

Good color match on the engine block.  Original outside mirrors were round, not flag.  After market replacements are available and mate with the door mounts [and are tension adjustable from the front, not the inside base like factory ones. I have been told that Maxima inside rear view mirrors will bolt up to the existing mount holes ans look factory.  Good luck, we need more WRL411 and RL411 on the road.

I was lucky enough to find this rl411 sss sedan, manual trans. This car has been sitting 20 years, pretty roached, only an hour and a half south from me. I made the deal on it, will be picking it up tomorrow. 
20181205-134442.jpg
20181205-134424.jpg
20181205-134419.jpg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, reza said:

I was lucky enough to find this rl411 sss sedan, manual trans. This car has been sitting 20 years, pretty roached, only an hour and a half south from me. I made the deal on it, will be picking it up tomorrow. 

Step 2 of the 411 Twelve Step Program. ?

Btw, could you resize your pics down a bit?

• Like 1
On 12/6/2018 at 2:56 PM, ppeters914 said:

Step 2 of the 411 Twelve Step Program. ?

Btw, could you resize your pics down a bit?

I've fallen off the 12 step program a couple times already. This is unfortunately my 6th 411.  
20181207-160928.jpg
20181207-144550.jpg
20181207-140051.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, reza said:

20181205-134442.jpg

I assume that's the one in the old VW junkyard... 

I have to ask,,, So where exactly do they people that own that place live?? Is it in that motorhome?? We stopped 3 times in the past and spent HOURS waiting for someone to show up... We even went over and asked at the sketchy neighbors that are just to the south of that place..  They said ,, oh yeah they are always there,, yeah right. 

Wouldn't mind having that rear bumper for reals,, 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

I assume that's the one in the old VW junkyard... 

I have to ask,,, So where exactly do they people that own that place live?? Is it in that motorhome?? We stopped 3 times in the past and spent HOURS waiting for someone to show up... We even went over and asked at the sketchy neighbors that are just to the south of that place..  They said ,, oh yeah they are always there,, yeah right. 

Wouldn't mind having that rear bumper for reals,, 

Yeah, the name of the place is Garcia foreign car clinic, real nice guys. They are a pair of brothers, I'd assume they are semi-retired. I believe most days they are there from 10am-? excluding Mondays. I don't believe anyone lives on the grounds though. 

I need the bumper for my wagon or i'd let it go to you,  decent rear bumpers seem as rare as hens teeth. 

• Like 1

That's kinda funny we only stopped there on Monday's haha.

And yeah you're totally right about that bumpers ,,it's kinda weird when you can find them they are usually straight enough to use but rusty as hell... Unlike 510 ones that you find, that are less rusty,  but almost always bent... .......But front bumpers on the other hand are somewhat easy to find in useable shape 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
On 12/16/2018 at 8:59 AM, MikeRL411 said:

One reason rear bumpers are had to find is that newer drivers think all cars have auxiliary rear stop lights and drive right into you without braking.  I put JCWhitney add on rear hi mount LED stoplight unit for that very reason.

I'll have to add a 3rd light to the top of my wagon hatch, I believe you, I've owned 7 or 8 rear bumpers and all except for 1 was crunched.