Door Window Rattle

What is it inside my doors that would cause/allow the windows to rattle when rolled down?  The windows don't "seem" lose and the inner and outer window seals at the bottom of the window openings have recently been replaced (cheap Thai replacement parts - don't get me started), but there is a persistent window rattle inside the doors, especially when rolled down.  I haven't taken the door panels off yet for a look-see and was wondering if there are some parts I should order before jumping into a fix.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could also be the linkage bar that clips into a plastic retainer

or you might a nut that fell off,  or you might find two 1979  pennies rattling around like I did.

but i’m with on this, take it apart and see what it is before you guess and blindly buy parts,

it won’t keep you from driving it if the door panel is off

• Like 1

Have someone hold the glass to be sure it's the glass. If it is, it's likely the felt in the vertical window guides that are out of sight in the door. To be sure take the door card off and shake the door and look for it.

• Like 1