74 fiat 124 tc special

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has a twin cam 1600 motor just like a spider has. Its an auto right now but I will change it to a 5 speed. I love 510s and this looks close but not very many 124 here in the US. It sat in Colorado for years a couple from Germany brought over here to use when they flew over to go ski in Colorado. So it only has 26k miles on it. Should be fun to fix up. I think I'm going to keep it rusty on the outside for now.

2 hours ago, 5dimer34 said:

It has a twin cam 1600 motor just like a spider has. Its an auto right now but I will change it to a 5 speed. I love 510s and this looks close but not very many 124 here in the US. It sat in Colorado for years a couple from Germany brought over here to use when they flew over to go ski in Colorado. So it only has 26k miles on it. Should be fun to fix up. I think I'm going to keep it rusty on the outside for now.

Actually it looks more like a 410 or 411.  My RL411 has been mistaken for a FIAT [same design house, Pinin Farina] more times than I want to remember, including the Insurance adjuster who rammed me from behind while looking at a bus accident.  That was an easy settlement !

1200px-Fiat124Luc106.jpg

VS

1200px-1980_-_VAZ_2101.JPG

Lada/VAZ 2101 was made on the same design, just with some soviet "enginering" added. Made it worse than they are. There is a story on how the Fiat got its metal.

After the WW2 Finland had to pay to USSR. So they didn't have much finances as the war did do a lot of damage. Well Fins got the cheapest shit iron they could get from Sweden - the stuff that was bad and writen off from steel mills, scrap metal. Finland melted it up and made it into sheet steel. They gave it to USSR as paymend as high quality steel. Soviets needed finances as the interior ecomony was more or less non existant. They sold it to Fiat as high quality sheet steel. And Fiat made them into cars. So this is why they rust like grazy - they are made from crap steel from Sweden.

Not to get you down. These things can be fun. Here is a rally VAZ2106. They still run these in here and can be realy fast.

depositphotos_135441024-stock-photo-lada

Edited by Aibast
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...