LED headlights

oukippy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Datsuns use 5 3/4" lamps, these are only 5.5" wide. I'm sure there are 5 3/4" available. Also do these have a cut a off projector beam??? There nothing like blinding and pissing off oncoming traffic and bike headlamps do this, but I accept that they are at a disadvantage at night. Cars have no excuse for annoying others. High beams you can run full beam. If driving around town or at lower speeds you don't need to see shit 5 blocks away.

• Like 2

I'm just giving a look at it but I'm not sure I will buy them. I don't have the car for now and I will probably have more important tasks to do. Maybe one day.

Leds are interesting because it's plug & play. But I agree that you have to respect the oncoming drivers. I wonder if it's possible to find authorized models (probably not on aliexpress for sure).

• Like 1

I looked at LED a few years ago but all made outrageous claims for light output. Seems you would need to spend $300-$400 for state of the LED art at the time. There are oodles of You Tubes where LEDs are substituted and... they look just as bright as the original halogen ones. I went with projector HID. It's like driving with an arc welder in front and a nice crisp cut off line..

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 78kingcab said:

If I was gonna go with leds I'd by housings then led bulbs.. seems stupid to me to by ones you can't change the bulb..  I went with halo hids

Could you show me which halo HID you have ?

Is a conversion kit needed with HID ?

I hate HIDs, with their jittering elements.

I just installed my first pair of Hella conversion housings, and PIAA LEDs.

Couldn't be happier with the results.

I had eCheesy conversion housings, with H4 standard bulbs, and couldn't see shitz.

Plus the El-Cheapo conversion housings chipped easily.

Guess the chinese have no idea how to make good glass...Just like people are finding out on 620 windshields.

The jitteryness is just the projector beam cut off point moving up and down from vehicle movement over the pavement. If aimed horizontal it will be at or near the tops of your tires as you approach and you are sitting well above it in darkness. Naturally roads are not level so sometimes you do get flashed.

I'll give a chance to the stock ones for some time and will reconsider changing them after the trial. I don't plan to drive very much at night, so it's more a cosmetic search for me.

The truck is now in Europe but I'll have to wait at least 15 days to have it home. I'm loosing patience so I look everywhere for things to improve (and buy). Of course I should wait to see the truck for real, especially for the mechanical part !?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, oukippy said:

could you post the URL on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077LJDCCP/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight-Conversion-headlight-Replacement/dp/B01EYQ8688/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533558490&sr=8-3&keywords=lasfit+h4

LEDs are on the right and the halogen are on the left. The biggest benefit (besides better light) was less power draw.

vrlsG9f.jpg

You would still have to purchase the Hella E-Code lights, so.... this is not the cheap way to do it, but it works great.

http://www.rallylights.com/h5006-hella-5-3-4-round-e-code-hi-lo-conversion-headlamp-kit.html

http://www.rallylights.com/h5001-hella-5-3-4-dia-h1-e-code-conversion-high-beam-headlamp-kit.html

Edited by FrankRizzo
5 hours ago, 5t341tH said:

I have these led headlights. They work good. It does have a large, square hotspot when driving down the road, but it's brighter than when i was using the bmw ellipsoids

are you talking about the Aliexpress ones in the first post ?

Yea but mine doesn’t have those two smaller circle lights. I’ll snap a picture later. But I’ll ecentually retrofit a set of morimoto projectors into another set of lights. I am spoiled now by modern projectors and can’t drive around with nothing less

Edited by 5t341tH

I guess you get what you pay for... I bought dot approved glass housing that have a blue halo.. I inspected them and they are of very good quality... I then bought a quality hid kit and have absolutely no problems... excellent lighting...  it is possible to get shit when you are cheap... like anything... not here to argue about lights.. lol... just stating that I wouldn't buy a set of lights that are sealed and you can't change the bulbs... there is nothing wrong with leds in anyway,  but i feel the same for hids.  Like i said you get what you pay for.. sorry havent figured out how to put pics or links up at yhis time... 

• 7 months later...